Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take him as our no10

Everton have expressed an interest in signing Inter Milan winger Xherdan Shaqiri according to Italian news outlet Sport Mediaset and Forza Italian Football.
The Swiss international only joined Inter Milan in January, but has failed to make an impression on head coach Roberto Mancini and the Italians may look to offload the talented winger.
The former Bayern Munich midfielder is also on the radar of Liverpool and Stoke City as they look to improve their teams.

Did we make a bid for Shaqiri in the January window?

The bonuses are rumoured to be a 10k a match appearance fee.
@TeleFootball: West Ham set to sign midfielder Dimitri Payet from Marseille for £10.7m - @Matt_Law_DT http://t.co/lBVB4KwOst http://t.co/JKD82kjUc7

Payet turned down Marseille’s latest contract offer after West Ham offered him a five-year package that could amount up to £70,000-a-week once bonuses have been taken into consideration.

The initial fee that West ham are paying for 28-year-old Payet is £10.7m, but that figure could rise to around £12m if certain targets are achieved.

They certainly seem to rate him, personally think we need a quick CB though and Dann doesn't seem to meet that requirement.

Also based on some of their other comments, they seem a bit deluded and so we probably cannot trust their assessment of players too much.

Said this before what other so called quality CB's have crystal palace had in say the last 10 years to compare Dann with?
[/QUOTE]

He is much better than Jose Fonte who isnt doing too bad at Southampton.

8m just isnt realistic at all

Thinking of

Lovren 22m

Caulker 10m

I think im right in saying you sold Lescott at a similar age to Dann for 22m!

Palace dont want to sell, he's our captain and if you do want to take him from us you it will cost you an arm and a leg, gone are the days when Martinez gets out players on the cheap (like Moses for 2.5m)

Or put it another way, how much would you want for Jagielka? I could say he's 32, no resale and 6-8m would be a fair amount, would you accept that? ofcourse not

Last edited:
£8m would get me wanting to hang Parish from the Holmesdale Road stand's roof

This is fair enough. There's probably United fans going '15 mill is too much for Stones, nothing over 10'. We'd value him at 50 mill. Dann is POTY, club captain and their best defender. Why would Palace be happy with him being valued at 8 mill? I wouldn't want this transfer BECAUSE of his market value. It will, rightly, be high. I wouldn't want to pay a big fee for a player who may start the season third choice. If we got him for 8 it would be a steal considering the current market.

Said this before what other so called quality CB's have crystal palace had in say the last 10 years to compare Dann with?

Thinking of

Lovren 22m

Caulker 10m

Palace dont want to sell, he's our captain and if you do want to take him from us you it will cost you an arm and a leg, gone are the days when Martinez gets out players on the cheap (like Moses for 2.5m)

I think people just need to agree to disagree on what Dann's actually worth.

You've seen him play week in, week out so know him much better than any of us does, but folk are just going round in circles at the moment.

If it starts getting heated, which it hasn't yet, then it might be best to leave the debate until / if the rumour gets a bit closer to reality when we'll have a better idea of what both clubs value him at.

Thinking of

Lovren 22m

Caulker 10m

Palace dont want to sell, he's our captain and if you do want to take him from us you it will cost you an arm and a leg, gone are the days when Martinez gets out players on the cheap (like Moses for 2.5m)[/QUOTE]

You are a good bunch you Palace fans. We already have 2 regular posters on here from Palace, and you all seem sound lads. Stick around mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.