Summer transfer window 2023

Time to once again mention that Simms who this forum is mostly adamant can't make it in the PL had a better rate of goals and assists than Piroe did in the same league last season while also being younger.
Simms - 8 in 28 between us and Sunderland a goal every 3.5 games, assist wise 2 in 28 at 1 every 14 games
Piroe - 19 in 43, a goal every 0.5 game, same number of assists but at a rate of 1 every 21.5 games

Numbers are not everything and would only be relevent if we are planning on bringing the rest of his team mates with him.

But yeah I cant say if he is good or not as I have no idea!

I think we get to the point of just wanting a new player regardless of who it is at times.
No numbers are relevant and ignoring them is how you overspend on crap. Numbers aren't everything, but you have to take it into account or you do stupid things.

Piroe is a championship level striker, much like Simms is. He will struggle in the Premier League, much like Simms did. I don’t think he’s worth pursuing.

44 goals and 8 assists in 92 appearances, for a 23 year old in a mid table Championship team, is very good. I don’t think Simms would have those numbers. Piroe and Gyokeres could make the step up.

Simms - 8 in 28 between us and Sunderland a goal every 3.5 games, assist wise 2 in 28 at 1 every 14 games
Piroe - 19 in 43, a goal every 0.5 game, same number of assists but at a rate of 1 every 21.5 games
Piroe scores an average of 0.45 goals for every 90 minutes that the player is on the pitch.
Overall, Ellis Simms's goals scored per 90 minutes is 0.41.
https://footystats.org/players/england/ellis-simms#:~:text=Overall%2C%20Ellis%20Simms's%20goals%20scored%20per%2090%20minutes%20is%200.41.

Right, again you are being ridiculous. There are lots of managers who could do what Dyche has managed so far. You are now moving the goalposts to managers that were available at the time and talking anout Europe. Which does nothing to answer the question of whether or not Dyche is a good manager.

So for example, if I said (because he was mentioned by someone else a few posts back) that Unai Emery could have done it, you would then say that he was at Villa and wouldn't have taken the job. Likewise, if I was to say someone else like Matthias Jaissle, for arguments sake, it isn't something that can be proven as he hasn't taken the Everton job.

Whereas there is a large body of evidence that Dyche is not a very good manager and is certainly a backwards thinking one. Your logic you are employing is totally specious and the moving of the goalposts each time in some mad defence of Dyche is bizarre.

For the last time, I don't rate him, he has to prove himself by developing as a manager. You clearly love the fella to defend him so vociferously, we don't agree so just move on and stop trying to be 'clever' by trying to prove something that can't be proven. I'd be surprised if any manager could get this squad into Europe, but there are plenty who could do what Dyche has done so far.
And you keep sidestepping the simple question of who else would have taken the job when Lampard was sacked and would have kept us in the division? We have to be realistic about our standing in English football. And the standard of manager we can attract. We did the Ancelotti thing and look what happened there. Stability is the way forward and Dyche can provide that

Just sad. From James,Allan and Doucs + Ancelotti to maybe piroe, maybe dan Ndoye and maybe Gyökeres + Sean Dyche (although some think that he is better than pep)

Oh I've never seen him play but

numbers are relevant and ignoring them is how you overspend on crap. Numbers aren't everything, but you have to take it into account or you do stupid things.
This is how you end up signing Maupay

IMG_1498.jpeg

And you keep sidestepping the simple question of who else would have taken the job when Lampard was sacked and would have kept us in the division? We have to be realistic about our standing in English football. And the standard of manager we can attract. We did the Ancelotti thing and look what happened there. Stability is the way forward and Dyche can provide that
This owner and board appointed Benitez. Then sack him and the options are. Big Dunc who’s never managed, Some Portuguese no mark, who hadn’t last longer than 6 months in like his 3/4 previous jobs. And and inexperienced manager in lampard.

Next the options are dyche and Bielsa. Two totally different types of managers for a kick off. This is all down to an incompetent owner and board. There are loads of managers out there that would have crawled over broken glass to get a job in the richest league in the world.

Why didn’t villa go for dyche or Bournemouth or Southampton