Summer transfer window 2023

It’s actually the opposite. We’ve pretty much proven this conclusively over the last 7 years.
We don't use numbers friend. Not in a meaningful way.

I mean you seriously think Ancelotti went through a statistical breakdown before buying Allan or Benitez did it with Mykolenko? I mean come on.

Right, again you are being ridiculous. There are lots of managers who could do what Dyche has managed so far. You are now moving the goalposts to managers that were available at the time and talking anout Europe. Which does nothing to answer the question of whether or not Dyche is a good manager.

So for example, if I said (because he was mentioned by someone else a few posts back) that Unai Emery could have done it, you would then say that he was at Villa and wouldn't have taken the job. Likewise, if I was to say someone else like Matthias Jaissle, for arguments sake, it isn't something that can be proven as he hasn't taken the Everton job.

Whereas there is a large body of evidence that Dyche is not a very good manager and is certainly a backwards thinking one. Your logic you are employing is totally specious and the moving of the goalposts each time in some mad defence of Dyche is bizarre.

For the last time, I don't rate him, he has to prove himself by developing as a manager. You clearly love the fella to defend him so vociferously, we don't agree so just move on and stop trying to be 'clever' by trying to prove something that can't be proven. I'd be surprised if any manager could get this squad into Europe, but there are plenty who could do what Dyche has done so far.
I think credit to Dyche though for turning the mental attitude of the team at a particularly low point. That takes some doing. Can't underestimate how difficult that is when in free fall.

Lamps would have taken us down, I've no doubt. Biesla also, as just don't have his kind of players. Dyche was prob the best fit at the time to rescue us.

Going forwards he's now got to prove he can take on the task and improve, but not easy for any manager if we sell players and don't invest in the team adequately. We're crying out for stability at the moment, and should prob be the next step before attempting more expansive footy. That will need very smart recruitment to accomplish.

Honestly, the way this football club manages to so consistently dodge players with pace is almost impressive.
If we'd have had pace in the front 3 (striker, wingers) last season we'd have been safe weeks earlier, jsut for having PACE to hit hard on the counter.

We literally avoid all pace and all flair. Flair players who get defenders on the backfoot are huge tool to have.

I mean you seriously think Ancelotti went through a statistical breakdown before buying Allan or Benitez did it with Mykolenko? I mean come on.

I mean we literally employed a director of football one time that said “without Lukaku’s goals we’d still have finished 7th”. So yeah I’d say we do use numbers, and that’s precisely the issue.

I do mate. I'm not going to bother writing it out for someone as absolutely certain it doesn't matter as you however.

Please do bother. You just said “we don’t use numbers friend” when we’ve employed actual people who bought players without even watching them (Sandro) and thought that we could replace Lukaku’s goals by buying Davy Klaassen and Rooney because they’d both scored 12 the season before.

What would Mykolenko's numbers look like to be meaningful? I saw him a bunch of times playing for Dynamo and he looked brilliant against ropey opposition in a ropey league. How would his numbers help us decide whether he could make the transition to the Premiership? For what it's worth I would have said he was definitely worth a punt but turns out I was wrong

No numbers are relevant and ignoring them is how you overspend on crap. Numbers aren't everything, but you have to take it into account or you do stupid things.
Realistically stats gained in a different division with different team mates against different opponents tell you absolutely nothing.

Ellis Simms goal stats in the Championship for Sunderland are not going to tell you anything no more than Neal Maupay's goalscoring record in the championship for Brentford will.

It's common sense that when a scenario changes then so will the reliability of the stats.

We will do stupid things regardless anyway.