Summer transfer window 2023

44 goals and 8 assists in 92 appearances, for a 23 year old in a mid table Championship team, is very good. I don’t think Simms would have those numbers. Piroe and Gyokeres could make the step up.
Simms had 7 goals and 2 assists in 17 at 22. That's marginally worse but when you do it by minutes it's 1127 for Simms versus almost 7200 for Piroe and Simms is way more efficient.

Now we can sit here and say Simms would have fallen off which a lot of people are desperate to do but the numbers are what they are.

To think this all came about due to people taking exception to a comment about how certain players we are supposedly looking at might struggle in the system and style Dyche likes to play!

I don't get how many people hero worship average to poor managers. I really don't.

I think sometimes there is a warped view about what loyalty to a club means. We are here forever, we don't have anything to prove. But we have a right to treat anybody passing through...players or management....with suspicion. God knows we don't have much else. Trust in Dyche or be dubious about Dyche...it shouldn't be that big a deal

We were 4th favourites for relegation when he took over, we weren’t nailed on for anything. You’re sounding like big Sam. And his stories on talkSPORT on how he kept us up.

Dyche did a good job keeping Burnley in the league, through he relegated them twice. Looks like some fans Have already got their excuses ready. If he keeps up again. Done a brilliant job, if we go down it’s not his fault because the squad is so bad and he’s had no money.

End of the day Villa. A club who we have finished above the majority of time over the last 20yrs and was in the championship no so longer ago. Got Emery.

I think the fans will get bored very quickly of dyche ball. I don’t think he will be manager when we moved into BMD
Emery joined a mid table club with money to spend. Massive difference taking the Everton job, at the end of the transfer window, not buying anyone and in free fall

This owner and board appointed Benitez. Then sack him and the options are. Big Dunc who’s never managed, Some Portuguese no mark, who hadn’t last longer than 6 months in like his 3/4 previous jobs. And and inexperienced manager in lampard.

Next the options are dyche and Bielsa. Two totally different types of managers for a kick off. This is all down to an incompetent owner and board. There are loads of managers out there that would have crawled over broken glass to get a job in the richest league in the world.

Why didn’t villa go for dyche or Bournemouth or Southampton
I'm sure they would for the money on offer in the Prem. We needed a manager with Prem experience who could keep us in the division. We got one.

When are the players back for pre season is it tomorrow?
Couple of weeks...I am not expecting any players in before then which has been the problem for the last couple of seasons...ideally you would want 80% of the squad by start of pre season...cant wait for the unavoidable start of the season where we are all wondering if we are going to sign any attacking players with onana itching for a move until the last day of the window. Same old...

And you keep sidestepping the simple question of who else would have taken the job when Lampard was sacked and would have kept us in the division? We have to be realistic about our standing in English football. And the standard of manager we can attract. We did the Ancelotti thing and look what happened there. Stability is the way forward and Dyche can provide that
Sidestepping nothing. I don't rate Dyche. You are turning it into who would have taken the job. Totally different things.

I answered you in the last post. See ya. Give that poster of Dyche a good old smooch goodnight eh.

Couple of weeks...I am not expecting any players in before then which has been the problem for the last couple of seasons...ideally you would want 80% of the squad by start of pre season...cant wait for the unavoidable start of the season where we are all wondering if we are going to sign any attacking players with onana itching for a move until the last day of the window. Same old...

They’re back tomorrow. We have a game on the 14th, how can they be only coming back to training in a couple of weeks?

Emery joined a mid table club with money to spend. Massive difference taking the Everton job, at the end of the transfer window, not buying anyone and in free fall
They wouldn’t have sacked gerrard if they were mid table. They’ve been scrapping relegation for the last few seasons like us.
And have spent double what we have in the last 7yrs. They probably have this season to gamble on the grealish money.

But will also be under massive ffp pressure next season. Unless they miraculously get top 4

Emery is a very good manager. He certainly makes a difference. But villa were 16th when he took the over I think, but I stated on here previously that they were in a false position. They have forwards, Watkins is a very good striker. They have good midfield and a decent defence with an excellent goalkeeper. Gerard like Lampard just not good enough at this level it seems. Emery was always going to get a good bounce of them group of players, and the confidence just carried them on right up the table. My personal opinion is emery probably would have got us clear of relegation before the final games of the season. However almost certainly wouldn’t have got anywhere near villa position with the current squad and injuries we had.