Summer transfer window 2023

While Garner has spent the entirety of his career so far honing his abilities as a talented central midfielder, he accepts the wing-back role is one of increased importance and does not have any objections to playing there again for either Club or country.

“The people who get the most touches on the pitch are most often full-backs,” he added. “In the modern game now, the full-backs create a lot and are the key people you tend to look at in a starting XI. It’s a position that has definitely evolved a lot. If I am chosen to play there, I will be more than happy.

“I feel comfortable switching positions. From defence to midfield, midfield to right-back. I feel ready and more than capable of doing it.”

^ This is why we need a better left back.

Right back, Coleman can still do a job and Patterson might be able to shake being injury prone and could be a player but we definitely need a left back.

Coventry Chairman Doug King on Gyokeres:

"The reality is that it's early in the window," King told BBC CWR. "There is quite a lot of interest in Viktor. He's clearly made his comments to the press, and we'll see how it unfolds."

He then added: "I'm feeling quite calm, and Viktor is still contracted to Coventry City."

The Coventry chief also revealed that Sporting CP have made an approach to his club about a deal for the forward. King’s admission comes just over a week after Gyokeres made it clear that he would like to leave this summer.

He said: "Sporting Lisbon have been all over the pages. They have been in touch with the club. But it isn't up to Viktor Gyokeres to tell the club he's going somewhere for 50p. That is not how it works and won't happen in this situation.

"When a player moves, they have to agree their terms with a different club, and the selling club have to agree a compensation package. If both of those don't work, then nothing will happen."

Asked if he was disappointed by the comments Gyokeres made, King replied: "To some degree. Obviously, he's been on social media and made his comments clear.

"He's had a great season and is now playing international football. We bought the player, he's had two good seasons with us, we're still in the championship, and, from my perspective, he's on another year.

"If Coventry City want to decide to have him on that other year as it's more important for us to try and get in the Premier League, then that is something that he has to get into his mind.

"Obviously, then he would become a free agent, and everybody would say that's a bit mad. But the reality is that isn't all one sided.

"We'll see how that plays out. I don't like these things being worked around into the press. It's not the style we should adopt, but this is football, I guess."

Keane is going nowhere.

The turd that will not flush.

You could be pushing it down with the bog brush and the bugger still won't go.
1000026358.jpg

Every time he scores he must think this

^ This is why we need a better left back.

Right back, Coleman can still do a job and Patterson might be able to shake being injury prone and could be a player but we definitely need a left back.

He seems a very clever lad, hes seeing how it is going with inverted full backs both at City, Arsenal and with TAA over in Mordor, that's going to be the new vouge thing next season i think.

Myers spoils every party.
I mean not that i desperately want Simms to go but if he hardly get any game time then let him go and arrange a buy back option and move on.
The lack of transfer activity is worryingly when every day i see posts from Fabrizio Romano about players moving.
And we need to do a lot and have only managed to show out of contract players/loanees the door.

Anyone got any takes on what might be a realistic summer for us?

Assuming our club only has the headspace and skill to conclude about 6 transfers in and out in any given window, i'm hoping for this

OUT
Keane
Holgate
Maupay

IN
Striker
Wide Attacker
CB

I just can't think of anyone - not even one idea - of whom we might get.
Dreaming of a Richarlison loan, one player from Leeds and maybe another young ish CB
we need a lot more: add Davies to that list, hopefully Godfrey. Can see Simms and Gray going, maybe even Iwobi if he doest want to renew his contract. And hope we flog Gomes / Gbamin but they were not part of the playing squad last season.

He is definitely not a Centre forward as in big target man , does most of his work coming in & out of the flanks.

He's very difficult for defenders to pick up & certainly knows we're the net is.

Far more to his game than Simms.

I'm baffled that people still debate with The Big AIguana.

Though I have to admit his dismissive use of the term "eye testers" for people that actually watch and understand football really tickled me

Anyone got any takes on what might be a realistic summer for us?

Assuming our club only has the headspace and skill to conclude about 6 transfers in and out in any given window, i'm hoping for this

OUT
Keane
Holgate
Maupay

IN
Striker
Wide Attacker
CB

I just can't think of anyone - not even one idea - of whom we might get.
Dreaming of a Richarlison loan, one player from Leeds and maybe another young ish CB
Quite the dream mate.... that looks like another relegation battle to me.

I did think it a bit strange how simms' only starts were at Anfield and Old Trafford. 2 of the most difficult grounds to go to for any team and 2 grounds were we, as a team, normally get our pants pulled down.
Dyche had a record of doing this for young players at Burnley!
Its a decent way of saying ' look, i told you he's not ready and see I've given him a go'

I mean that particular transfer strategy was the beginning of all this because you had the likes of Gareth Barry (who I loved having here don't get me wrong) coming to the end of their career instead of getting better and building season upon season.

Getting Rom papered over a lot. We bought Kone and Alcaraz in that same window. None signed a second contract here. Sure maybe a mix is good but the mix should be more along the lines of 5 players under 25 for every old dude. We signed Gueye and Tarkowski last summer so the old dude quote is filled up.
And yet European qualified Brighton sign James Milner @ 37