Summer transfer window 2023

Sold Gordon because it was good offer, don’t think we’d have sold on the cheap . And them 2 deals happened in different accounting years.
And like I said Onana was 33mil
We got the Gordon money and despite looking perilously close to the drop, we didn't reinvest in January. We're incompetent, yes, but it reeks of having no money to me.

This. Recruitment needs to be from outside of UK to get value and lower the wage bill
Agreed much more value and more quality available out of the UK, if you scout properly. There's some decent frees available this summer. Maybe the one exception might be the lad at Coventry as he might be available at a reasonable fee

Well it replaces a 100m plus loss for 18/19 in the rolling calculation so on paper it’s already a massive dent.
I have not read any of the Esks articles in a while, but looking at the last two years reported accounts (if I am reading this correctly but I am happy to be corrected) we have an aggregate loss of £164m.

This FY (unreported) I am not sure how it is shaping up. Its obviously not just about transfers but we sold AG for £40m but also purchased a few players (not sure if we can account for their cost over a number of years or whether it needs to be reported in this year) but we have been poor in the league again so placing revenue will have been adversely affected.

I assume to try and get it into the aggregate £105m, we may still need to sell to generate a negative net spend which would likely be the biggest driver of making us P&S compliant?

Happy to be corrected if my rudimentary understanding is wring.

I have to say, I have not seen Akpom play but he is 27 years old, and whilst I appreciate he had a good season last year with 28 goals, his career record is poor at 248 games played in total and 63 goals scored…a goal return of 1 goal every 4 games. Transferring that same ratio to the PL would yield a 9 goal return - chances are in a higher division that return dismisses and while we are low scorers so any goal is valuable, what else does he offer to justify what I sure would be a sizeable fee?
Well it depends on how sizeable that fee is. But he looked good last year. He should be full of confidence and ready to step up. He should be in his prime. Obviously there's a risk involved but we have to bring in somebody and he looks like a risk worth taking to me. (I have been horribly wrong in the past...I wanted Maupay, for example)

Well it depends on how sizeable that fee is. But he looked good last year. He should be full of confidence and ready to step up. He should be in his prime. Obviously there's a risk involved but we have to bring in somebody and he looks like a risk worth taking to me. (I have been horribly wrong in the past...I wanted Maupay, for example)
Nah mate, you don’t take a risk on a 27 year old that has played 245 games and had 1 good season

He’s utter pony

I can’t help but recall when Moshiri told everyone at his first AGM that under him we would have no money worries. What an absolute balloon. No wonder the Arsenal board wouldn’t let him and Usmanov buy the club which shows how bad they thought they would be when the only other interested party was Stan Kroenke

We're talking about strikers in the Championship with reasonable goal tallies, but Neal Maupay had excellent goals stats, and
a lot of them were in the Premier League. Did anyone look at the way Brentford and Brighton got the ball to him and are we
not set up in the same way?

I can’t help but recall when Moshiri told everyone at his first AGM that under him we would have no money worries. What an absolute balloon. No wonder the Arsenal board wouldn’t let him and Usmanov buy the club which shows how bad they thought they would be when the only other interested party was Stan Kroenke

I remember this. To be fair that was true for the first 5 years but you can't keep burning money.

Isn't it something like 17 players have cost over £20 million have walked out the door for nothing? The first red flag to me was Bolasie at almost £30 million with no output (who cost Palace a few hundred grand).

Obviously we are paying the price now for the reckless spending with no strategy.