Summer transfer window 2023

Just read the Esk's article.

I'm not expecting a lot this window, or the next. We're probably going to sell one or two by the end of the month to help with the FFP situation, but I don't think we'll see any large moves.
He’s says the same every summer even 3 yrs ago he was saying it. We sold richarlison in June 30th and then spent about 70mil with probably 25mil actually going out. Then we sold Gordon for 40 in January.

So we can the same this year, we need players and we will get them, yes we will get the odd loan and maybe a free transfer, but I expect us to spend money as well. And we will have 10 months to balance the books

Not really - if we started signing some of the top up and coming championship type players that would show signs of improvement and a plan. Reality is we can’t even afford to compete to sign the top championship players these days - witness getting blown out the water by newly promoted Forest for Gibbs-White last summer.
…no idea what this post means, looks like a cheap comment with no reasoning. Evertonians seem pragmatic about our situation and fed up at paying extraordinary amounts for ordinary footballers.

From what I’ve seen on here, posters were content with links to low-priced defensive midfielders. Indeed, most of the outcry was paying £30m+ for a striker.

Strange how some want to put our fans down.
Sorry...of course there are many reasoned posters on here...my cheap shot was about unrealistic expectations, poorly worded

The goals won't come from him...maybe 5 if he's on song...I think his assists stats could improve with a different mind set throughout the team. Mainly, though, I can't see anyone out there at his price that would improve the squad
We could get 30mil for him, iwobi, and maupay. Keep Townsend for another year, promote Mills. And maybe loan a wide player. But a first team winger and then get a striker.

He’s says the same every summer even 3 yrs ago he was saying it. We sold richarlison in June 30th and then spent about 70mil with probably 25mil actually going out. Then we sold Gordon for 40 in January.

So we can the same this year, we need players and we will get them, yes we will get the odd loan and maybe a few transfer, but I expect us to spend money as well. And we will have 10 months to balance the books

Transfer spending alone, we made net profit last season. Your post seems to agree with his analysis?

Just read the Esk's article.

I'm not expecting a lot this window, or the next. We're probably going to sell one or two by the end of the month to help with the FFP situation, but I don't think we'll see any large moves.
Esk said himself earlier in the season that the Kean and Gordon money likely put us in small profit for the season so not sure why now he thinks we need to sell again before June 30. If anything you’d think we’d push any sale back to July to help next year’s accounts?

Not really - if we started signing some of the top up and coming championship type players that would show signs of improvement and a plan. Reality is we can’t even afford to compete to sign the top championship players these days - witness getting blown out the water by newly promoted Forest for Gibbs-White last summer.
Landscape has changed. 45 million for Gibbs White was just ridiculous - even though he is a good player.

There are players in the championship though who are affordable and who would improve us that we are seemingly not pursuing - Alex Scott, gykores, akpom,clarke.

We have had no transfer strategy for years. Hopefully this summer there will be some semblance of a plan at least.

I think any money should be directed towards goals for sure…also there are attainable targets in the prem that would cost but would be great signings (always wanted Phillip Billing for example).

Branthwaite has to be given an opportunity now, I think cannon should be a third striker option for the first half of the season at least I’d sell simms and maupay.

Out wide we need one or two, and definitely need at least one starting left back.

We don't want an injury prone striker. We already have one.
Last season aside he's played around 30 games in the last 6 seasons.

He'll most deffo stay at the horse punches though,.good player for them, he won't want to leave when they have just got in Europe and apparently they only have around 75m so won't be signing more than one striker

I'd like to see Gray stay and play a full season in a preferred position under Dyche. His faults...laziness, lack of focus...are the sorts of things that can improve under a manager like Dyche. Same for Iwobi, I think. Replacing them would cost us and we have other areas where we need to spend money. (I'm presuming we'll sell Pickford and Onana plus a couple of others so will have a little bit of cash to spend on a couple of forwards, a full back, central defender and, possibly, a bit of flair in midfield.)

He's looked worse under Dyche when he has played and by the amount of game time he's had under Dyche it looks like he doesn't rate him.