Summer transfer window 2023

Landscape has changed. 45 million for Gibbs White was just ridiculous - even though he is a good player.

There are players in the championship though who are affordable and who would improve us that we are seemingly not pursuing - Alex Scott, gykores, akpom,clarke.

We have had no transfer strategy for years. Hopefully this summer there will be some semblance of a plan at least.

I think any money should be directed towards goals for sure…also there are attainable targets in the prem that would cost but would be great signings (always wanted Phillip Billing for example).

Branthwaite has to be given an opportunity now, I think cannon should be a third striker option for the first half of the season at least I’d sell simms and maupay.

Out wide we need one or two, and definitely need at least one starting left back.
There have been rumours that Akpom and Clarke are on our radar. Good news, if true

Esk said himself earlier in the season that the Kean and Gordon money likely put us in small profit for the season so not sure why now he thinks we need to sell again before June 30. If anything you’d think we’d push any sale back to July to help next year’s accounts?
I guess it depends on whether the small profit he speaks of dents the three year average losses enough.

He's looked worse under Dyche when he has played and by the amount of game time he's had under Dyche it looks like he doesn't rate him.
I don't want to spend too much time defending Gray but he was used out of position for much of Dyche's time so far. He's not brilliant but he has shown signs of being useful. If he was sold and we got to spend 10m on a replacement then that sounds great in theory but I wonder if we'd end up with worse

NIels Nkounkou £1.7mil
John Stones £1.5mil
Moise Keane £25mil

=£28.2mil

Dele
Gbamin
Gomes
Holgate
Keane
Godfrey
Gray
Maupay
Iwobi
Gordon?
I don't want to spend too much time defending Gray but he was used out of position for much of Dyche's time so far. He's not brilliant but he has shown signs of being useful. If he was sold and we got to spend 10m on a replacement then that sounds great in theory but I wonder if we'd end up with worse
If you scout well and actually buy the players the scouts recommend in theory we could sell Gray and buy two players with that income but no I don't trust our transfer process either particularly until the board is changed.

Landscape has changed. 45 million for Gibbs White was just ridiculous - even though he is a good player.

There are players in the championship though who are affordable and who would improve us that we are seemingly not pursuing - Alex Scott, gykores, akpom,clarke.

We have had no transfer strategy for years. Hopefully this summer there will be some semblance of a plan at least.

I think any money should be directed towards goals for sure…also there are attainable targets in the prem that would cost but would be great signings (always wanted Phillip Billing for example).

Branthwaite has to be given an opportunity now, I think cannon should be a third striker option for the first half of the season at least I’d sell simms and maupay.

Out wide we need one or two, and definitely need at least one starting left back.
There is very little value for money in the British football whatever the level tbh. you get the odd one here and there from the Championship but even some of them are getting expensive now, Alex Scott is going to cost £20m at least to whoever buys him. Much better value to be had abroad but for some reason we are always reluctant to look at it. Doesn't seem to matter who the manager is or the DoF we have a bit of an obsession with the whole 'PL experience' thing when it comes to managers and players even though it's never gotten us anywhere. Maybe it comes from the boardroom or the other constant is Dan Purdy the Head of Recruitment I don't know but it's lame and we need to open our eyes as there are a whole world of players out there we could be looking at.

Gordon?

If you scout well and actually buy the players the scouts recommend in theory we could sell Gray and buy two players with that income but no I don't trust our transfer process either particularly until the board is changed.
I think that's the key...if I trusted the management then I wouldn't be so cautious. As it is then hanging on to the devil you know often seems the better bet

There have been rumours that Akpom and Clarke are on our radar. Good news, if true
I have to say, I have not seen Akpom play but he is 27 years old, and whilst I appreciate he had a good season last year with 28 goals, his career record is poor at 248 games played in total and 63 goals scored…a goal return of 1 goal every 4 games. Transferring that same ratio to the PL would yield a 9 goal return - chances are in a higher division that return dismisses and while we are low scorers so any goal is valuable, what else does he offer to justify what I sure would be a sizeable fee?

There is very little value for money in the British football whatever the level tbh. you get the odd one here and there from the Championship but even some of them are getting expensive now, Alex Scott is going to cost £20m at least to whoever buys him. Much better value to be had abroad but for some reason we are always reluctant to look at it. Doesn't seem to matter who the manager is or the DoF we have a bit of an obsession with the whole 'PL experience' thing when it comes to managers and players even though it's never gotten us anywhere. Maybe it comes from the boardroom or the other constant is Dan Purdy the Head of Recruitment I don't know but it's lame and we need to open our eyes as there are a whole world of players out there we could be looking at.
This. Recruitment needs to be from outside of UK to get value and lower the wage bill

IMG_5870.jpeg

Minimum this summer we need a back up keeper, centre back, left back, right winger, striker(or two). I can see some free transfers for a goalie/ left back/centre back, loans for a winger or playmaker and we put our limited funds to a striker. Obviously any sales go into the pot, if we make a big sale like Onana then we will have to get a midfielder too. If Pickford a keeper obviously.