Summer transfer window 2023

Very disappointing end to what was turning out to be a decent window for us. Beto will probably play the biggest part in keeping us up this season.

It is sad that as a club though the highlights of the past 2 or 3 windows has been the good job that has been done to clear out the deadwood of the squad, we’ve genuinely done very well to sell or just get rid of a lot of these useless players. The problem is we bought them in the first place.

Getting rid of Davies, Mina, Townsend, Holgate, Gbamin, Maupay and Iwobi, probably as well shipping Gray and Gomes to Saudi in the next week is a great clear out of players that aren’t good enough. Getting a potential £15m for Simms and Cannon is also great business for two players that really weren’t gonna make it here.

I genuinely do think we’ll get through the season and survive, it’ll be depressing but I think we have enough.

My main hope is that with the profit made this window, whatever it was, will help spur Moshiri out of the club. If we can get in a better financial position on the books in terms of FFP and all that I’ll happily take Moshiri pocketing the money we gathered since January to sell the club at a cheaper price. That’s the most optimistic view I can take on it at the moment.

So Kev spent the entire day not even trying to bring anyone in? Can't wait until January to reinvest the money like we did......

aw we're fecked
I might be wrong but I doubt this is thelwell not trying it’s Everton not having money or not wanting to spend money either way it doesn’t matter who the scouts find and thelwell recommends if the money isn’t there we can’t get them and all the signs are that we had no money.

It is funny because we've sold players people don't like and don't want playing for us and replaced them but it'll still not be enough.

The squad is more than good enough to be comfortably lower mid-table and the only reason it won't be is the man coaching the team every week if it goes that way.
Replaced with what . We are standing still and going backwards, it's a disgrace

I might be wrong but I doubt this is thelwell not trying it’s Everton not having money or not wanting to spend money either way it doesn’t matter who the scouts find and thelwell recommends if the money isn’t there we can’t get them and all the signs are that we had no money.
We have said that for literal eons. We sold Gordon for 40m and then "oh, January is difficult!". We sold Kean this summer and it's "oh, the summer is difficult".

It is funny because we've sold players people don't like and don't want playing for us and replaced them but it'll still not be enough.

The squad is more than good enough to be comfortably lower mid-table and the only reason it won't be is the man coaching the team every week if it goes that way.
You need to replace bad players with good players to improve

You don't improve your squad be offloading poor players and not spending the funds