Summer transfer window 2023

We cant really sell Iwobi without a replacement.

But every player in the final year of a contract should be made available for sale. The right thing to do is sell and reinvest. The problem is whether we have capability to find a replacement considering its 29 August.

But the logical decision is to sell the high earner now while they have some value, rather than lose them for free.

Doucoure not Dacoure
Chermiti not Chimitti

Iwobi is an 8. Plays there for Nigeria. Was at his best for us playing there under Lampard. Our best CM3 is Garner 6 and Iwobi, Onana as twin 8s with Onana the power runner and Iwobi the creative force. IMO.

That leaves 3 from McNeil, Harrison, Danjuma, Chermiti, DCL, Beto in a front 3 (possibly with Dobbin, Cannon kept for injury cover, cup ties).
😮 teachers about 😂 does precise spelling really matter when you get the gist of it!
Iwboi flatters to deceive, if we could use his money 💰 for sulemana am all for it!

We cant really sell Iwobi without a replacement.

But every player in the final year of a contract should be made available for sale. The right thing to do is sell and reinvest. The problem is whether we have capability to find a replacement considering its 29 August.

But the logical decision is to sell the high earner now while they have some value, rather than lose them for free.
As it stands McNeil , Danjuma ,Harrison & Dobbin for the wide positions if Iwobi and Gray leave.

I think that is probably enough for Dyche but I would still want a Left footed Right mid/wing brought in.

IMO Dobbin should be loaned out again.

95% of posts on here today = “Selling X ( Iwobi, Gray etc.) and replacing with better will improve us” ignoring the fact that over the last two years that when we have sold a player late we have never replaced them, in that window or subsequently.

In fact we are still hoping Beto might finally be the guy to adequately replace Lukaku, sold six seasons ago when many of our fans said he was rubbish, lazy, only scores unimportant goals etc.

Now Iwobi, with his 8 assists to our next best 3 last year, is crap, only gives the ball away, never scores and will be easily replaced…

We never learn.
The difference is no only would it be hard to replace them with a worse player but really in Gray's case we don't even need to replace him as he's not a factor in this squad. It's all well and good saying Iwobi had 8 assists last year, he was the most creative part of the least creative club in the league, congratulations. He was put on set pieces and basically given a free role by Lampard, he also got about 6 of those assists in October and nothing then for the rest of the season.

Getting a combined £30m+ and near £200k a week saved on wages without any replacement is an improvement on this squad, we could surely get a single player that will be better for this squad for under that, easily.

It genuinely baffles me that there are some Everton fans who've watched us over the last 5 years and somehow think that Iwobi is a good player. I cannot believe it. For me he's among our worst signings ever and quite clearly one of the worst players in the club's history to have played the number of games he has.