Summer transfer window 2023

moshiri - "we will sign a striker"

first signing since that statement a 38 year old left back

elanga, gnonto and danjuma not really strikers either tbh
I'm sure striker is the priority in terms of importance, but sometimes the more important things take the longest time. It's not just a case of rattling down a list of 20 strikers and boshing in 20 offers, if there's one we really really want we have to be a bit patient and work on the deal before moving onto plans B, C, D etc. You can only go at the pace of the selling club.

I am another one, so there’s at least 2 of us. He managed an unbelievable generation of talent with Belgium and under achieved with the squad at his disposal even when he wasn’t able to ruin them further by having responsibility for their fitness or lack of set piece practice as their clubs would have at least be doing that.

Seeing them every couple of months means the damage he can do is limited

Why are we not seeing links for a number 9

It's the only position that actually really matters right now. Everything else is almost irrelevant until we add some goals.
I think both matter for goals, wide forward and number nine but agree would feel more comfortable if we were linked with a number nine too the strongest ones seemed Toure and Dembele but can we afford either..

So now that all our signings have been made for the summer, how are we feeling?
Very positive about the soon to be crafted 'Relegation Thread' wonder if it will out do last seasons..

Not so positive about the never'ending concentration of the results of all the other teams around us.

Not sure can go through that again...

Being realistic I cannot see us buying anyone except 38 year olds and loan signings, I hate having to say this but I cannot see us finishing anywhere but the bottom three. This club is rotten from the top to the bottom and in 50+ years supporting Everton we have been bad, very bad but not this bad.
I hope and pray I am wrong but we I doubt it.

Being realistic I cannot see us buying anyone except 38 year olds and loan signings, I hate having to say this but I cannot see us finishing anywhere but the bottom three. This club is rotten from the top to the bottom and in 50+ years supporting Everton we have been bad, very bad but not this bad.

Up there with one of the most unrealistic posts ive seen on the forum.

The club is rotten at the top, sure. But here at the bottom I think we're quite a decent bunch