Summer transfer window 2023

Thing is those deals were all relatively cheap. Lookman 9m, vlasic 8m, Onyekuru 7m, coleman 50k Nkounkou 500k.

Apart for coleman they all flopped here and we could move them on at a profit because of the age and price we paid for them.

But 25m for a player? He has to be a success to make any money on him.
Can’t really class Onyekuru as a flop as the stupid work permit rules prevented him from ever getting a shot a the club

Trust me. Alex Scott won't turn out average. He will be a £50 million player minimum at some stage of his career.

So agree with you, we should definitely be looking at this.

Trouble is, Bristol City won't accept 25mil over 10 years of installments..

Rumours down here are £20m + 5m add ons would do it… which he is totally worth. Can’t imagine he’d be asking for high wages either.

£10mil for Elanga could be seen as 50% of the amount Scott would cost.

For me, on very limited viewing Id prefer Scott to Elanga.

Poor old Zat. He’s been on the hamster wheel that is the transfer rumour mill for 12 whole years. He’s losing it.

Such a noble crusade, but naturally any star’s brightness will wane in time.

Im the 'Ashley Young' of the transfer thread.

Yeah, he's looked the business every time I've seen him but I don't think we are in a position where we can shell out that sort of money for a lad who's never played higher than the Championship.

It's why Wharton at Blackburn would be the more sensible target as you'd get him for about half that fee.

I think if we could generate the funds we should sign both Scott and Wharton.

We only have Garner, Onana and Gana for the (seemingly) two centre midfield positions. We need one addition and a second to bed in as Gana's replacement next season.

In the meantime, Scott could play on the right and replace Iwobi.

I think if we could generate the funds we should sign both Scott and Wharton.

We only have Garner, Onana and Gana for the (seemingly) two centre midfield positions. We need one addition and a second to bed in as Gana's replacement next season.

In the meantime, Scott could play on the right and replace Iwobi.
If we generate funds Zat, we need goals, goals and more goals.

If we don’t, we struggle to keep our heads above water

If we generate funds Zat, we need goals, goals and more goals.

If we don’t, we struggle to keep our heads above water

Agreed.

Im just looking at the squad and I think we need CM, ACM, RW, CF.

Thats at a minimum with Iwobi and Gray being (hopefully) offloaded.

Just going off numbers, we need 4 players and Wharton(£15mil) and Elanga (£8-10mil) would seen sensible.

The Alex Scott shout also appears to be a good and sensible move as he can play in multiple positions (CM, ACM, RM).

Young, Wharton, Elanga, Scott and El Bilal Toure would be a VERY positive window imo.

A couple of loans on top at the end of the window and Id be happy going into the season.

Agreed.

Just going off numbers, we need 4 players and Wharton(£15mil) and Elanga (£8-10mil) would seen sensible.

The Alex Scott shout also appears to be a good and sensible move as he can play in multiple positions (CM, ACM, RM).

Young, Wharton, Elanga, Scott and El Bilal Toure would be a VERY positive window imo.

A couple of loans on top at the end of the window and Id be happy going into the season.
Iwobi is a funny one though isn’t he. Poor winger but ok in central midfield but he’s not exactly attacking or a defensive midfielder, he’s a strange one. But if he’s on 75k a week and thinks he’s better than he is then we should sell him and try and get between 15/20m for him before he leaves for free next year.

£10mil for Elanga could be seen as 50% of the amount Scott would cost.

For me, on very limited viewing Id prefer Scott to Elanga.

Im the 'Ashley Young' of the transfer thread.
Can say 10 but it will be how much the club put down at first like mcneil onana ect. The first payment would be low. All would like to sign young stars from the championship who look like they have it to be well worth it but just dont have the money at this time

Agreed.

Isn’t Wharton a centre back?

Iwobi is a funny one though isn’t he. Poor winger but ok in central midfield but he’s not exactly attacking or a defensive midfielder, he’s a strange one. But if he’s on 75k a week and thinks he’s better than he is then we should sell him and try and get between 15/20m for him before he leaves for free next year.

As a wise man once posted,

"He looks like someone carrying two boiling hot plates".

He just aimlessly runs around in/out of space...when pressing he stands off and never attempts to win the ball.

Id have said £20mil for him and Gray combined would be a masterstroke. But with the Saudi Gray interest if we could sneak £30mil+ for the pair it gives us a major platform for incomings.

Can say 10 but it will be how much the club put down at first like mcneil onana ect. The first payment would be low. All would like to sign young stars from the championship who look like they have it to be well worth it but just dont have the money at this time

Never know with this ownership.

Isn’t Wharton a centre back?

Thats his brother. Adam Wharton is an England u19 international centre mid. Alex Scott the same (but can also play in Doucoure/Iwobi positions).

Tbf the goals against column increased every year he managed and he didn’t finish any higher in the table than the previous year.

The squad was not fit enough and he didn’t believe in corners.

His teams made a huge amount of individual errors which cost goals and games and teams could almost score at will against us .

He also spouted absolute crap and has done nothing of note since he left .
The case against Martinez has shrivelled away to nothing given what happened after he left.

I dont think there's anyone who'd believe with hundreds of millions to spend Martinez wouldn;t have had us into Europe two or three more times.

Last edited: