• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The expectation levels from Everton fans never fail to amaze me
Why shouldn’t we expect we are told money is no object moshi an his statement signing he never gets we bid 70 mil for Zaha 40 mil for a midfielder yesterday. We have known all window we need a CB that looks like a panic buy for Rojo. An we got rid of lookman with out a replacement.

That said I think we have got some good players in I just think people are disappointed because they see a weakness in Man U Arsenal an Chelsea this season an think we could have pushed them. I don’t think we have the squad depth to get near them but looking forward to the season anyways.

Well in hindsight it turned out that things went Tits up after that window yeah.

But I just don’t see the point in bed wetting whatever the scenario really, it doesn’t achieve anything does it?

We’re all evertonians and we all want the best for our club but what is the point supporting us if you’re just gonna [Poor language removed] everyone at the club off and call us disgraces etc and be negative about everything. We have a hard enough time defending the club from outsiders without our own fans branding us a laughing stock etc.

And then there’s the conspiracy theorists who think that we could improve the team but we just don’t (for whatever’s reason)

All about opinions of course but I just think if you can’t be positive or at least try to find positives about your club then what is the point?
I don't know. Like I said, I don't go in for all the crying and saying we're doomed, but nor do I see the point in pretending things are better than they are. I just come on here to chat about Everton, if they're good i'll say it, if they're bad i'll say it. I'll then log off and happily get on with my life. I think some people have a vision of anyone who's not happy with the transfer window sat at home rocking and backwards and forwards and screaming at Jim White on the telly. Most of us are just having a bit of a whinge on here because the mrs won't have a clue what we're on about when we get home. It's all good.

According to Sky we acquired Andre Gomes who was on loan at Chelsea last season. I hope he’s as good as the one that played for us last season

Ultimately as well @Alan Whittle do not forget that we have spent years and years (pretty much my entire lifetime of 27 years) being in Palace's position. Time and time again we've had players taken (although we've generally had a better squad) so it's quite frustrating that it's another window with key things not being addressed and haven't had the convinction to go ' We want player X' and follow it through despite all the hype that hasn't been dampened by the club, only encouraged. Had Everton/Silva/Brands come out last week or two weeks ago and said "Look, probably only one or two more" then people wouldn't be as bothered. The fact they have continously gone on about getting this guy who can play wide and give us something better than theo walcott.

I love the fact we've managed to go and get Kean but It may be worthless if we cant create the chances or keep goals out the other end.

I think Holgate could be. Played very well at times in 17/18. Nothing wrong with giving him opportunities in a settled defence next to a senior centreback.

City have three senior centrebacks on their books with Kompany now gone yet I doubt they are in meltdown about it.

Positioning dreadful and he is weak in the air.

Lighter at cb currently

Midfield tbd - depth wise stronger

Lighter in numbers unless Rojo signs, far lighter in quality regardless of whether we get that Argentinian liability or not.

Again, can’t really see that we are stronger in midfield - Gomes on a permanent is good business. Delph and Gbamin largely unknown entities for various reasons (age, injuries, new league, etc)

Sold a couple / three promising youngsters and replaced with Kean who is by far our best piece of business this window.

Looking forward to see Bolasie and Mirallas as our cover. We're one or two injuries away from total collapse.

Have a feeling we will have a replay from Koeman's second season. Silva will walk in December.

Yeah I could see that too. The kid Kean has a tough start and suddenly it’s basically last season without Gana and Zouma.
Don’t count Delph until he stays fit for more than a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.