Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Sutton was a Centre half in 1993 and due to an injury crisis, got thrown up top as a makeshift striker.

He became the most expensive striker in the league 2 seasons later.

It isn't written in stone where a player performs.

I remember when the genius Walter smith tried something similar with steve Watson , actually scored witting the first few mins of his first appearance up front against saints, sadly he didn’t become the most expensive striker in the league it was actually tragic to watch in the end

I remember when the genius Walter smith tried something similar with steve Watson , actually scored witting the first few mins of his first appearance up front against saints, sadly he didn’t become the most expensive striker in the league it was actually tragic to watch in the end
Watson started as a striker at Newcastle

The main reason was the fact that both full backs had decent support in front of them for a change, instead of just the left side. It opened more space up naturally as opposition players had much more to think about.

This^^^

Amen brother !

Really don't see us getting the 5 players silva wants in now.

There's too many players like besic, niasse, mirallas, Mccarthy and bolasie that we can't shift quick enough.

It's not ideal but centre forward, ganas replacement, and centre back I reckon are priority.

RW, and right back might have to wait.

Only variation on the above I can see is maybe getting Malcolm on loan on deadline day if he's not gone elsewhere.

As yet unidentified CB
Gbamin/Tousart
Kean

That's yer lot I reckon.

And it meant Walcott wasn’t getting a game

Again this ^^^

Our whole balance was better when Bernard finally went left and richy went right . Richy and Digne wernt really that impressive as a partnership although both are good players and Walcott and Coleman wernt quite as bad as, but not much better than hibbo and osman . Taking Walcott out of the team was massive and replacing him with a decent player that Coleman could play with was hige plus and Bernie and Digne were really good to watch at the end of the season so similar to bainar and used to love watching them play every week .

Really don't see us getting the 5 players silva wants in now.

There's too many players like besic, niasse, mirallas, Mccarthy and bolasie that we can't shift quick enough.

It's not ideal but centre forward, ganas replacement, and centre back I reckon are priority.

RW, and right back might have to wait.

Only variation on the above I can see is maybe getting Malcolm on loan on deadline day if he's not gone elsewhere.

As yet unidentified CB
Gbamin/Tousart
Kean

That's yer lot I reckon.

Looks like

CF -- Kean
WF -- Zaha (?)
DM -- Gbamin

Thats 3...2 more arent beyond the realms of possibility

Going to be gone for two weeks to a place with barley any internet, hope to see

he is playing u17 games for brzail, they just won today

Damn it ... was hoping to see an insta video of him and richy dancing, doing weird handshakes and saying see you isn’t training .

Looks like

CF -- Kean
WF -- Zaha (?)
DM -- Gbamin

Thats 3...2 more arent beyond the realms of possibility

Don't want to sound like the esk, but I don't see Zaha.

Think the idea is to have as quite a low net sepnd. I Reckon we are roughly even so far. Vlasic, lookman, Mostly covers delph/gomes,

gana goes mainly on his replacement

The players I mentioned we might get the odd fee, but most will be loaned out.

Kean is 35 ish, I don't see us spending much more than 80 million net.

Leaving Gibson and Holgate as back ups is a big gamble. Unless we're going full keegan ha ha

I wonder if the Gbamin deal might be sorted out today, assuming it’s as close as the French media say it is, seeing as we are in Mainz for that tournament this afternoon

Rumours are that Holgate ia available for the right price...

Keane + Mina + Gibson doesnt have any athletic presence and seems like a deep defence to me...

Possibly going to sit deep this season and play on a quick counter?

Huge gamble to take on those 3 with Gibson not having played in the league, Mina being injury prone (so far) and Keane being average...

Perhaps it will pay off if we land top midfielders and attackers?

...really agree about the CB situation, I keep highlighting how Zouma provided what Keane/Mina lack. Brands pulled Zouma out the hat very late in the transfer window, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has identified a similar type. The other point to note, Gbamin does appear to have played CB although i’d very much doubt he’d be brought in for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.