Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not disputing he cant play out on the right as he can mate and done a decent job - but from a squad perspective (which was my initial point) our first choice natural RW is still Walcott.

Just because Richarlison has had to play out of position there towards the seasons end doesnt change that.

The fact we are sniffing around the likes of Zaha/Malcom suggests Silva doesnt want to continue to have to play him out of position again next season.

The money we have we shouldnt have to be fitting square pegs in round holes same way Delph shouldn't be our RB cover he should be what he naturally is a midfielder with a natural 2nd choice RB to come in and push/rotate with Coleman.

I hate to break it to you, but Delph played LB for City quite a lot last season, not RB

]
Yep agree. It’s clear that this is where the team is going.. might not be next season but I would bet deffo season after for sure! Think silva will be happy to play Rich one more season as RW but Bernard on the bench and Rich back to the left might happen sooner than fans care to believe.

I think in time Bernard will push Siggy out
[/QUOTE]

Maybe one day... once he can bag more than 5 goals in a season though ... has all the skill and tricks.. but we can’t afford to lose those goals. Would be interesting to see what he can do in that spot.. but I don’t see him pushing Sig out anytime soon. one Mr Davies sees himself as the future number 10 too... just saying.

]

I think in time Bernard will push Siggy out

Maybe one day... once he can bag more than 5 goals in a season though ... has all the skill and tricks.. but we can’t afford to lose those goals. Would be interesting to see what he can do in that spot.. but I don’t see him pushing Sig out anytime soon. one Mr Davies sees himself as the future number 10 too... just saying.
[/QUOTE]

Bernie the left wing magician ain’t going anywhere soon mate

Im not disputing he cant play out on the right as he can mate and done a decent job - but from a squad perspective (which was my initial point) our first choice natural RW is still Walcott.

Just because Richarlison has had to play out of position there towards the seasons end doesnt change that.

The fact we are sniffing around the likes of Zaha/Malcom suggests Silva doesnt want to continue to have to play him out of position again next season.

The money we have we shouldnt have to be fitting square pegs in round holes same way Delph shouldn't be our RB cover he should be what he naturally is a midfielder with a natural 2nd choice RB to come in and push/rotate with Coleman.

Zaha wears number 11, he is also a LW.

:hayee::hayee::hayee:

Instead of being a smart arse like zaney @mikeh72 tries to be all the time - maybe check what official position Richarlison plays and I think you'll find he's a left sided winger.

Doesn't matter that he looks better on the right than our utter crap RW Walcott he's still a LW.

Delph looks better at RB that Martina -DATS CAUSE EEE'S A RB LAD- no he's a midfielder.

Chris Sutton was a Centre half in 1993 and due to an injury crisis, got thrown up top as a makeshift striker.

He became the most expensive striker in the league 2 seasons later.

It isn't written in stone where a player performs.

Richarlison looked far more effective on the right so I've literally no idea what you're on about.

I would also say its very difficult to say why Richarlison played well on the right - was it because all this time he's been playing on the wrong side of the pitch through junior level up until the last Merseyside Derby - or because ot coincided with the teams general improvement/form all over towards the seasons end?

Same way when Gomes had his slump mid season - was it down to him/ability as a player or because the team itself was awful at that point?

Chris Sutton was a Centre half in 1993 and due to an injury crisis, got thrown up top as a makeshift striker.

I agree mate but my point is Theo Walcott is still our 1st choice natural Right Sided Winger at present

People can argue til the cows come home because Seamus Coleman once played RW doesnt make him a RW.

Also played in midfield on occasion too.

Paul Warhurst is another that springs to mind.

Walcott, Little Bernie, Rico, Zaha are all forwards.

FOR ME.

Rico can play right and left very well, as a ST, im not a massive fan.
Bernie is a natural LW, but we saw he can do a decent job on the right.
Walcott is a natural RW, he stinks there and would stink everywhere else.
Zaha can play right and left very well, havent really seen him play as a ST.

Our manager said :

At this moment we have 4 wingers in our squad - Richarlison, Lookman, Bernard and Theo - 4 with right foot and he is one more with a right foot.

Zaha is right footed, so it seems strange that we would target another right footed player, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.