Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That argument was sound, he was sh1t and i'd have agreed with you at the time with Bolasie. You don't think Zaha is an Improvement on Bernard then? Bernard scored one goal last year with 3 assists, Zaha 10 goals 5 assists and at least another 4-5 penalties won. If we ever want to win anything we need to always find better players than we have and quite frankly Zaha is much better then Bernard playing left wing. I'm not saying there aren't better than Zaha but better players than him likely wouldn't come to us yet, debatable if even a players like Zaha would anyway.It isn't our money that's getting spent it's Mosh's and possibly Usminovs and if we have enough then we do need to spunk big money on big players otherwise top 4 will always be out of reach

Zaha played upfront last year, Bernard isn’t as productive in goals or assists as of last season , but it was his first season and he also brings out the best in Digne. An improvement maybe but the price is beyond stupid for Zaha, sane linked away from city for 90m and Zaha is worth 80? I know which player I would be buying . I know we can’t attract sane but it’s the prices I’m focusing on on , there is more than 10m difference in the quality of player and one is much younger than the other

u5wDQ2e.png

As it's been a working week...

He has scored 32 in 177 for palace in the prem. Not great but not nearly 1 in 10 as you mention.

Compare him to someone like Mane.He has scored 10-13 goals in 3 out of past 4 seasons. He scored 22 last season in a team playing well.

Zaha has been playing for a team who are struggling at the bottom every season. If he improves his output with us then we will likely be in Europe and part of his fee will be worth it.

We may also be seeing another Uefa club competition from 2021 so top 8 may be enough. Although we need to be aiming for the top 4!.

IF he improves his output.. what if he doesn’t? Then we spunked 70-80m and will need to sign another striker and try to offload Zaha , which won’t happen and we are stuck with bolasie situation but on twice the scale

He's averaging 1 in 3 in the league from midfield over the last 3 seasons though, Bolasie was more like 1 in 10 over his last 3 seasons at Palace. I wouldn't personally go for Zaha because he's massively overpriced, but he's definitely better than Bolasie.

He is better than bolasie but literally every winger in the league is, we went on loan to villa and couldn’t get in the team. Zaha was playing striker in the 5-6 games I seen him in last season

I remember when he got harassed off the forum not long after. I think he posted we were in advanced talks for James MacArthur and he incurred the wrath when he turned out to be wrong.

I think I remember too... turned out that McArthur was actually at FF doing some training or caochimg badges or something , so could see how wires could be crossed . Must have had someone on the inside and they probably saw him there and assumed it was a signing , tbh McArthur was ex Wigan so after kone, Joel, alcaraz and jimmy Mac it wasn’t that big a jump to conclude that he was next to be signed up . I have literally just had flashbacks after writing those names lol

I don’t think Zaha really wants to come here and in that case we should steer well clear of him.

Deffo , even if he was 40m if we had to “convince “ him like we did with koeman I wouldn’t want him or any player tbh. I get winning the race to sigh a player and convincing them that way, but simply offering more money until they sell their soul isn’t the way to do it. They have to be interested and excited about the move for then to be worth signing imo

....it’s Saturday 27th July, which means an afternoon drinking Guinness and watching the horse racing in the pub for me. Before that, here’s this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- L’Equipe suggest Everton and PSG reached agreement on Thursday evening for the transfer of Idrissa Gueye, but not before the Toffees virtually wrapped up a deal for Jean-Philippe Gbamin from Mainz. The article claims the Gbamin talks are at an advanced stage. Gbamin himself has taken to social media to downplay recent comments made by Bernard Collignon, saying he is actually represented by Gregory Gelabert. Paris United suggest the Gueye deal is worth £29m and the 29 year old will undergo a medical in coming days.

- According to RMC, Everton have identified 4 players to replace PSG bound, Idrissa Gueye: Lucas Tousart from Lyon; Adrien Tameze of Nice; Mainz’s Jean-Philippe Gbamin; and Chelsea’s Tiemoue Bakayoko. Gbamin is priority, but the Toffees have sounded out Lyon over a £20m move for Tousart.

- TuttoSport reckon Juventus Director, Fabio Paratici, is in England to formalise Moise Kean’s Transfer to Everton. The Toffees have beaten off competition to seal a £35m deal for the 19 year old striker.

- Lots of outlets continue to link Everton with Crystal Palace winger, Wilfried Zaha, The Mail suggesting the Toffees will include Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy as part of any deal.

- Football Insider report Everton have rejected a bid from Wigan Athletic for midfielder, Joe Williams. Wigan want the 22 year old on a permanent deal and are likely to return with an increased offer but they face competition from clubs at home and abroad.

- The Express say Everton and Manchester United are keen on Southampton midfielder, Mario Lemina, but the 25 year old favours a move to Old Trafford.

- The Liverpool Echo report Borussia Dortmund are in talks to sign Barcelona winger, Malcom. The deal could cost €42m, and the article repeats that Everton held no interest in the Brazilian. Meanwhile, L’Equipe say Lille striker Rafael Leao is in talks with AC Milan over a €35m move, whilst Calciomercato say David Neres is interesting Spurs, who could pay £54m for the Brazilians signature.

- Football Insider suggest Everton will consider selling defender Mason Holgate if the right offer comes in.

Zaha played upfront last year, Bernard isn’t as productive in goals or assists as of last season , but it was his first season and he also brings out the best in Digne. An improvement maybe but the price is beyond stupid for Zaha, sane linked away from city for 90m and Zaha is worth 80? I know which player I would be buying . I know we can’t attract sane but it’s the prices I’m focusing on on , there is more than 10m difference in the quality of player and one is much younger than the other

I think the comparison would be £40mil + getting rid of Niasse, Bolasie, Tosun, McCarthy

OR £50mil for one of the other wide players linked.

Im surprised Besic hasnt gone to Fulham and McCarthy hasnt gone to Palace for the £5mil + £8mil...brands playing russian roulette here.

....it’s Saturday 27th July, which means an afternoon drinking Guinness and watching the horse racing in the pub for me. Before that, here’s this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- L’Equipe suggest Everton and PSG reached agreement on Thursday evening for the transfer of Idrissa Gueye, but not before the Toffees virtually wrapped up a deal for Jean-Philippe Gbamin from Mainz. The article claims the Gbamin talks are at an advanced stage. Gbamin himself has taken to social media to downplay recent comments made by Bernard Collignon, saying he is actually represented by Gregory Gelabert. Paris United suggest the Gueye deal is worth £29m and the 29 year old will undergo a medical in coming days.

- According to RMC, Everton have identified 4 players to replace PSG bound, Idrissa Gueye: Lucas Tousart from Lyon; Adrien Tameze of Nice; Mainz’s Jean-Philippe Gbamin; and Chelsea’s Tiemoue Bakayoko. Gbamin is priority, but the Toffees have sounded out Lyon over a £20m move for Tousart.

- TuttoSport reckon Juventus Director, Fabio Paratici, is in England to formalise Moise Kean’s Transfer to Everton. The Toffees have beaten off competition to seal a £35m deal for the 19 year old striker.

- Lots of outlets continue to link Everton with Crystal Palace winger, Wilfried Zaha, The Mail suggesting the Toffees will include Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy as part of any deal.

- Football Insider report Everton have rejected a bid from Wigan Athletic for midfielder, Joe Williams. Wigan want the 22 year old on a permanent deal and are likely to return with an increased offer but they face competition from clubs at home and abroad.

- The Express say Everton and Manchester United are keen on Southampton midfielder, Mario Lemina, but the 25 year old favours a move to Old Trafford.

- The Liverpool Echo report Borussia Dortmund are in talks to sign Barcelona winger, Malcom. The deal could cost €42m, and the article repeats that Everton held no interest in the Brazilian. Meanwhile, L’Equipe say Lille striker Rafael Leao is in talks with AC Milan over a €35m move, whilst Calciomercato say David Neres is interesting Spurs, who could pay £54m for the Brazilians signature.

- Football Insider suggest Everton will consider selling defender Mason Holgate if the right offer comes in.

Kean, gbamin, zaha, oh my

...or Silva particularly likes Gibson.

Rumours are that Holgate ia available for the right price...

Keane + Mina + Gibson doesnt have any athletic presence and seems like a deep defence to me...

Possibly going to sit deep this season and play on a quick counter?

Huge gamble to take on those 3 with Gibson not having played in the league, Mina being injury prone (so far) and Keane being average...

Perhaps it will pay off if we land top midfielders and attackers?

Status
Not open for further replies.