Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but it's kind of pertinent when we're talking 60 bleedin smackers isn't it?

I'm the man who wanted to sign Gana to his last big contract remember, so it's not like I'm against spending money on proven players when I know we're unlikely to get something back. This is a big wedge we're talking about regards to Zaha though
True but we have a lot of youngsters who we are going to get big wedge for in the coming years. There’s logic in splashing out on the odd ready made player should they become available.

Are you implying that Zaha, Neres and Malcom are the only suitable players available in the whole wide world of football?
Also , what’s an Evertonian doing watching Palace ‘week in week out’ ? :)

Think im at the stage of not caring mate ha! If Brands thinks Zaha is the right man for the system/team he gets my support - people moaned when we signed Richarlison for £40 million and he's not done too badly!

Before we signed Richarlison last window didn’t Sky run the story that we were in for Malcom?

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is something similar tbh and Zaha is being used as a smokescreen

Zaha has like 45 goals in over 300 games in his career hardly earth shattering bolasie has 40 career goals although I will concede at a much lower level. Just looking at his stats I cant fathom why anyone ever bought him never mind us. 12 goals in 112 games for palace is 27m WTF

disgusting record that, I remeber shortly before he signed for us he scored a hatrick for palace as well

so take away that you've got 9 goals in 111 games, amongst the very worst signings weve made in my lifetime him

True but we have a lot of youngsters who we are going to get big wedge for in the coming years. There’s logic in splashing out on the odd ready made player should they become available.

I don't dispute that point, but I would still on this occasion prefer we go for Malcolm

I could end up being wrong of course, but after having such good returns from Digne and Gomes I think we have a track record in taking these Barca lads and making something of them, so Malcolm makes sense over Zaha to me

Again, not having a pop at Zaha at all. I rate him, but Malcolm seems like the better value for what we're paying, so I'd like us to go for him instead

Am I the only one who cant get their head around a Zaha move to here? Unless I am blind or stupid, his position is one of the few that we are fine with, and we aint shelling out that amount for a back up.

So, unless another player is already lined up to move away........dont get it.

Zaha has like 45 goals in over 300 games in his career hardly earth shattering bolasie has 40 career goals although I will concede at a much lower level. Just looking at his stats I cant fathom why anyone ever bought him never mind us. 12 goals in 112 games for palace is 27m WTF

He has scored 32 in 177 for palace in the prem. Not great but not nearly 1 in 10 as you mention.

Compare him to someone like Mane.He has scored 10-13 goals in 3 out of past 4 seasons. He scored 22 last season in a team playing well.

Zaha has been playing for a team who are struggling at the bottom every season. If he improves his output with us then we will likely be in Europe and part of his fee will be worth it.

We may also be seeing another Uefa club competition from 2021 so top 8 may be enough. Although we need to be aiming for the top 4!.

Am I the only one who cant get their head around a Saha move to here? Unless I am blind or stupid, his position is one of the few that we are fine with, and we aint shelling out that amount for a back up.

Louis' coming home is he? ;)

You make a good point though, who is Zaha kicking out of the team?

Before we signed Richarlison last window didn’t Sky run the story that we were in for Malcom?

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is something similar tbh and Zaha is being used as a smokescreen

Sky said its on
The Echo said it aint

1 of them has a history of making stuff up
1 of them has a pretty good recent Everton record

Am I the only one who cant get their head around a Zaha move to here? Unless I am blind or stupid, his position is one of the few that we are fine with, and we aint shelling out that amount for a back up.

I really don't think Everton will be signing Zaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.