Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deulofeu, that Fornals guy West Ham are signing, hell Nathan Redmond might be better. We are giving way too much credit to Bernard for doing the easier parts of his role and not the hard ones.

Hi mate

Now that I’ve stopped my eyes bleeding I’ve come to the conclusion that this type of opinion is why we can’t have nice things. Please stop.

Many thanks

Hi mate

Now that I’ve stopped my eyes bleeding I’ve come to the conclusion that this type of opinion is why we can’t have nice things. Please stop.

Many thanks
Or on the other hand maybe we are so accustomed to not having nice things that we will take literally anything that can kick a ball to a teammate 10 feet away without considering that maybe just maybe they aren't actually bringing as much as we should expect from a top player in our side. Something to think about.

QUOTE="TheBigIguana, post: 7083439, member: 23570"]
Or on the other hand maybe we are so accustomed to not having nice things that we will take literally anything that can kick a ball to a teammate 10 feet away without considering that maybe just maybe they aren't actually bringing as much as we should expect from a top player in our side. Something to think about.
[/QUOTE]

Your agenda against the little Brazilian
Is baffling , he’s the closest to anders limpar I can remember a wonderful footballer who can provide genuine moments of class ,he is vital to our counter attacks and his play on the ball is a joy to watch

QUOTE="TheBigIguana, post: 7083439, member: 23570"]

Your agenda against the little Brazilian
Is baffling , he’s the closest to anders limpar I can remember a wonderful footballer who can provide genuine moments of class ,he is vital to our counter attacks and his play on the ball is a joy to watch
[/QUOTE]
It really isn't an agenda. If he comes out next season and starts lighting it up I will hold my hand up and say I got it wrong. But what I saw this season was a player who is tasked with being a threat and effective in the final third who did most of his good work in the middle and defensive third. We scored 54 goals last year which is firmly in the category of average so to improve that we need to look at striker obviously but also the wing that isn't Richarlison where Bernard, with a little help from Walcott, gave us little production. So I'm not saying sell Bernard or even Walcott necessarily but I do think chasing moves for Neres, Malcom, Under, etc. is a prudent thing to do if we want to get better. That means Bernard is the odd man out at least initially.

What about a 2 year loan as per Kingsley Koman?

Bit of a rant...
With regards to our transfer strategy etc, if some are calling it Buy to sell then it’s Buy to sell all the way for me. I Would of course be disappointed if we lost the likes of Vlasic, Lookman and Henry but if we did so by doubling our investment with sell on/buy back etc then let’s do it. Would any of them start for us next season?

Improve the team and get the next wave of up and coming players in and do it again. Look at the investment Chelsea have made in youth and yet how many make the first team? Yet they keep doing it and turning a profit. It’s a business model of sorts and a viable one for us I think we should be embracing it. It’s slightly different approach for Ajax and PSV as they are big fish in a weaker league and can stretch the development out longer and sell for a bit more. Look what the RS have done with Ibe and Solanke all the while keeping the better Trent AA but buying mid range Southampton players, versatile Firmino (who we courted) and Salah who had been flogged off to Italy.

There are plenty of players out there that can come in for the right money and we have one of the best guys for the job.

Time to play the game, or at least try to
Not about sell to buy (that's a different matter),but do we have any more news on that very long list of players that should be sold? Many weeks left I know,but I welcome any rumours.

“Napoli star Amadou Diawara has rejected a €30m move to Wolves move, amid claims he could be offered to Roma in an exchange deal for defender Kostas Manolas.”

Status
Not open for further replies.