Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should buy James Justin from Luton. About £6-10m and a future England right back.

He's young, athletic, skillful and adept on either peg. Perfect back-up to Seamus or could cover left back when needed.
Never seen the lad play but it’s difficult to say someone is going to be a future England right back when you consider the players coming through there: Alexander-Arnold, Wan-Bissaka, Reece James, Max Aarons, Jayden Bogle etc. One position where England are sorted for the next decade.

I actually see Vlasic playing deeper myself, id have doubts on him progressing here though and that and his own sense of self value not being congruent. Dont think Gylfi needs moving myself, i know people talk of 4-3-3 but i see that being fluid, in most game i see Gylfi dropping deep to make a midfield three depending on the context. A clever addition to midfield offers us a variance, for example if we were under the kosh or being bullied i would see Gylfi or Bernard coming off and a Docoure type coming on, to support Idrissa in a double pivot with Gomes becoming the more advanced of a midfield three. I dont think we should stick rigidly to a default formation personally.

Gylfi isn’t quick enough for a deeper role. He needs to stay up toppressing in Marco’s442 defense. On attack he had freedom to roam.

Never seen the lad play but it’s difficult to say someone is going to be a future England right back when you consider the players coming through there: Alexander-Arnold, Wan-Bissaka, Reece James, Max Aarons, Jayden Bogle etc. One position where England are sorted for the next decade.

Especially a 21 year old still playing in League One.

I woke up this morning and saw 20+ pages in this thread so assumed we had signed someone...or at least lots of rumours...

I went to newsnow...nothing....so started to read this thread page by page

All i got was numerous messages with variants on how Bermard is rubbish and Lookman should have more game time...over and over...

Until finally:

Honestly, 20 pages for this? Also you posted that you werent old enough to see Limpar but comparing him to Bernard wasnt a compliment?

Words fail me. I cant even make a joke about it...its just so bizarre to me.

The 'problem' we have is that (initially) Richarlison, Bernard, Lookman and now Onyekuru are all left sided players.

Now of course Richarlison has shown he can play all across the front 3 so thats shifts him to the right.

But the other 3, none of them seem very good on the right side and do we really need 3 players for one position?

Loan with a buy clause would be nice. Hes would be an interesting signing.

However, at least one of the wide players needs to be a goal threat and with both Bernard and Malcom that doesnt seem too likely.
Wait so are you defending Bernard or agreeing that there are many more effective players out there that we should be after?

Not surprising really. Who's going to actually buy any of our hugely overpaid guff off us?
There isn't really any point in adding more players to a horrendously bloated squad at the moment.

Dunno, beyond Bolasie most of the other guff leaves for free this summer. Sandro I suppose might come back for another pre-season.

Gylfi isn’t quick enough for a deeper role. He needs to stay up toppressing in Marco’s442 defense. On attack he had freedom to roam.
Was Will Hughes and Tom Cleverly? I'm talking about sitting as a deeper lying playmaker in front of two CMs/DMs. He's played it with in the few times we've played it. It's no more important to be quick in that role than it is when he's playing in his secondary striker role. What I care about is positioning without the ball, which he is excellent with - including defensively.

Its at least 1 CM i think...

He mentioned Davies and said there will be more competition next season...

I could imagine big changes.
There just has to be. If Gomes is the only CM we sign, we won't be any better. Silva can't even play his standard tactics at this point.

You owe me a new laptop because that post has just made me vomit all over my screen and ruined mine. I'll send the details by PM.
Hahahaha. I still don't see how this is even controversial. For reference Bernard had the exact same amount of goals and assists in his first season as Bolasie did who everyone agrees was terrible and who didn't play after the first weekend in December.

Honestly depending on who Arsenal sign Iwobi could be available and at the right price and given his age could be very worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.