Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i'd take his opinion over a large conspiracy opinion he works with him everyday. He tries his best to score which is great if he does but he hasn't, he's not playing like a team player in my opinion.

He runs into dead ends instead of looking to link up a lot. Defending or pressing doesn't seem to cross his mind either, he wonders out of position too.

I think you are right he has the talent but maybe not the application. He hasn't took his chances when he's come on and in my opinion hasn't looked the happiest at times when called upon.

But he's trying. Things haven't come off. He played very well when he came on v Spurs and was key to the first goal.

He's 21. He's still got a lot to improve on. But he's clearly a talent and the issue is we seem to have fans that are angry with the lad for no real reason.

What's happened has happened. He may well still want out but that has not been reflected in his performances on the pitch this season. He has always come on and looked to make an impact. Whether he has achieved it or not doesn't change that, if you get me.

I don't get what people expect? Should he be smiling every time he plays? It's like the stick Richarlison gets for 'not looking happy'. They're young lads, let them play and let's see what happens. He's only not playing because Bernard is better. There's no other reason.

Walcott is preferred because of what he offers in stretching the opposition. Lookman doesn't offer that. Lookman wants to drop deep and get on the ball and run with it. At the moment Silva's starting system can only accommodate one of those players or we become far too one dimensional.

I'm not a superfan. I'd just like Evertonians to show a bit more patience and confidence in the young players. I hate the Reds with a passion, but as Cult-like as they are, their treatment of young players is far better than ours. And it helps.

I’d be very surprised if Chelsea’s ban isn’t postponed for this window. They’ve gone to CAS and pretty sure they have form for suspending bans.

May well be wrong but that’s my take on it.

it's a joke football isn't it? there's no real punishment anymore, they'll get the ban, but like you say, they'll get enough notice that they can make signings to get them by for a couple of years whilst they serve it first. City did similar with their youth player ban didn't they?

Speaking of city i see they want to ban them for one whole season from the CL because of all their fiddling. Wow, what a punishment for a club which has fiddled their way from nowhere to be one of the best in the world. PSG were told to reduce their CL squad for one whole season.

WOWWWWW, what harsh punishments for making a mockery of the sport.

Echo reporting in addition to hopefully signing Gomes, we are signing another central midfield player in the summer, hopefully a massive mobile unit of a no 8 of Docoure's ilk. Some loose interpretive quotes from Silva as well.

Its at least 1 CM i think...

He mentioned Davies and said there will be more competition next season...

I could imagine big changes.

Gylfi is criminally underrated, in my opinion, ive long held the belief there is is an inherent dislike for players signed by Koeman and Walsh that in the main sees people hold a dislike or bias of players ought during that regime, we see it with Keane, Walcott, Gylfi, Pickford and Ade when ultimately these guys have contributed hugely to our progress this season.

For my money Gylfi is our best no 10 we have had since Beardsley, yet arguably he is more well rounded, we have had some lofty names in between Cahill, Arteta etc who have at times been conventional tens - though i would accept Arteta,played in a deep position in the main. The thing with Gylfi in my opinion is he is a modern footballer, he is playing at a time that you need to be a hybrid, you need to be able to play in variety of positions and reading the game is vital to that. He can play at 10, he can play 8 and half, depending on the momentum of the game and whats needed in game. One of the key things in modern football is transition, particularly when you play with ball at feet and work the ball forward like we do under Silva. That transition between central midfield triggers about 100 million of signings in the front four positions for us and Gylfi is the gate keeper to that, he is the foundation that accesses the front four - that is something we have hugely struggled with, it might not be a 40 yard pass, or dribbling past four, but the foundation and transition he provides us is vital.

Apart from the system, he has end product hes our top goalscorer at 10, not only that a lot of the goals he has socred have been vital in specfic moments of games, thats leadership. In his locker he has set pieces and still they are largely how a significant number of goals are scored in the PL.

My criticism would be assists, he is capable of double figures, his number here have been low by previous standards, but i would give him and Bernard to an extent a pass on that giving the big striker shaped gaping hole in our team.

Based on the above i think he is an incredible player for us and a bit miffed on anyone who doesnt see it, we are fairly lucky player of his capabilities, not every midfield players are capable of his returns and influence in the PL. Like i say our best no 10 since Beardsley in my opinion
He actually had 13 assists one year for Swans.

Regardless, I think he can play deeper in a 4-3-3, but we are still going to need a backup or someone to challenge him. Is Vlasic the right guy? I'm not sure. Perhaps it can be Gomes if he comes our way and we acquire another CM/DM to play with Gana, but Gomes isn't very creative.

Its at least 1 CM i think...

He mentioned Davies and said there will be more competition next season...

I could imagine big changes.

At this stage you would say that, Besic and McCarthy are low hanging fruit - though im a big Jimmy Mc fan.

Idrissa and Scnhederlin, could go either way you wouldn't be surprised to see either leave or be here next season.

Gomes is a maybe.

Davies will be here.

The whole area looks pretty fluid to me with ifs surrounding everyone but Daives.

The hope would be Idrissa, Gomes, Davies, Docuoure (type player). I suspect Morgan will be here to.

He actually had 13 assists one year for Swans.

Regardless, I think he can play deeper in a 4-3-3, but we are still going to need a backup or someone to challenge him. Is Vlasic the right guy? I'm not sure. Perhaps it can be Gomes if he comes our way and we acquire another CM/DM to play with Gana, but Gomes isn't very creative.

I actually see Vlasic playing deeper myself, id have doubts on him progressing here though and that and his own sense of self value not being congruent. Dont think Gylfi needs moving myself, i know people talk of 4-3-3 but i see that being fluid, in most game i see Gylfi dropping deep to make a midfield three depending on the context. A clever addition to midfield offers us a variance, for example if we were under the kosh or being bullied i would see Gylfi or Bernard coming off and a Docoure type coming on, to support Idrissa in a double pivot with Gomes becoming the more advanced of a midfield three. I dont think we should stick rigidly to a default formation personally.

Last edited:
I woke up this morning and saw 20+ pages in this thread so assumed we had signed someone...or at least lots of rumours...

I went to newsnow...nothing....so started to read this thread page by page

All i got was numerous messages with variants on how Bermard is rubbish and Lookman should have more game time...over and over...

Until finally:

Honestly, 20 pages for this? Also you posted that you werent old enough to see Limpar but comparing him to Bernard wasnt a compliment?

Words fail me. I cant even make a joke about it...its just so bizarre to me.

The 'problem' we have is that (initially) Richarlison, Bernard, Lookman and now Onyekuru are all left sided players.

Now of course Richarlison has shown he can play all across the front 3 so thats shifts him to the right.

But the other 3, none of them seem very good on the right side and do we really need 3 players for one position?

Loan with a buy clause would be nice. Hes would be an interesting signing.

However, at least one of the wide players needs to be a goal threat and with both Bernard and Malcom that doesnt seem too likely.

All of this makes sense. Did you change what you eat for breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.