Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually see Vlasic playing deeper myself, id have doubts on him progressing here though and that and his own sense of self value not being congruent. Dont think Gylfi needs moving myself, i know people talk of 4-3-3 but i see that being fluid, in most game i see Gylfi dropping deep to make a midfield three depending on the context. A clever addition to midfield offers us a variance, for example if we were under the kosh or being bullied i would see Gylfi or Bernard coming off and a Docoure type coming on, to support Idrissa in a double pivot with Gomes becoming the more advanced of a midfield three. I dont think we should stick rigidly to a default formation personally.
That's pretty much how I see it as well. If we are running a counter attacking scheme, YOU'D THINK Gomes could be very effective in that role with his excellent passing range and his ability to create a bit of space for himself at times. Siggy is a great passer, but he's a quick, one touch type passer that doesn't like to sit on the ball.

Vlasic may have the ability to play deeper, but he seems to play really advanced in his current squad. I love that he seems to create a lot, but he does seem to like himself a lot. I also wouldn't be surprised if Brands doesn't like some of the young players Walsh got - Vlasic, Onyenkuru, Lookman - and will want to make his own acquisitions of younger talent.

But he's trying. Things haven't come off. He played very well when he came on v Spurs and was key to the first goal.

He's 21. He's still got a lot to improve on. But he's clearly a talent and the issue is we seem to have fans that are angry with the lad for no real reason.

What's happened has happened. He may well still want out but that has not been reflected in his performances on the pitch this season. He has always come on and looked to make an impact. Whether he has achieved it or not doesn't change that, if you get me.

I don't get what people expect? Should he be smiling every time he plays? It's like the stick Richarlison gets for 'not looking happy'. They're young lads, let them play and let's see what happens. He's only not playing because Bernard is better. There's no other reason.

Walcott is preferred because of what he offers in stretching the opposition. Lookman doesn't offer that. Lookman wants to drop deep and get on the ball and run with it. At the moment Silva's starting system can only accommodate one of those players or we become far too one dimensional.

I'm not a superfan. I'd just like Evertonians to show a bit more patience and confidence in the young players. I hate the Reds with a passion, but as Cult-like as they are, their treatment of young players is far better than ours. And it helps.
I agree he's still relatively young but now is the time he should be trying his best to prove himself I just don't see the effort at all, I see a young lad wanting to score a goal to look good, not an important member of the team giving maximum effort. I'm not angry I just want him to match his potential with the same application for Everton.

If he wants out It will never be a success for him here and we should just cash in really. Richarlison looks like he would run through a brick wall though and helps Coleman a lot making us a lot more effective overall I've got no problem with his face.

I think we are being patient with him to be honest, how long should we though with no real improvement ?

Was Will Hughes and Tom Cleverly? I'm talking about sitting as a deeper lying playmaker in front of two CMs/DMs. He's played it with in the few times we've played it. It's no more important to be quick in that role than it is when he's playing in his secondary striker role. What I care about is positioning without the ball, which he is excellent with - including defensively.
Que?

I woke up this morning and saw 20+ pages in this thread so assumed we had signed someone...or at least lots of rumours...

I went to newsnow...nothing....so started to read this thread page by page

All i got was numerous messages with variants on how Bermard is rubbish and Lookman should have more game time...over and over...

Zat, by the time this window closes, you'll read over a 1000 pages...of pyar tosh lol

Was Will Hughes and Tom Cleverly? I'm talking about sitting as a deeper lying playmaker in front of two CMs/DMs. He's played it with in the few times we've played it. It's no more important to be quick in that role than it is when he's playing in his secondary striker role. What I care about is positioning without the ball, which he is excellent with - including defensively.

I wish we could sell Snivelley again every summer without ever signing him again.

The Sniv.

Season is over, thinks I. Time to show an interest in any potential transfers, since the window will soon be open.

Finds thread. Nearly 600 pages already.

Not reading all that. :coffee:

I do wonder if Rooney could have played that DCL role if given a chance... That could of been europe if we kept him and gave it a try.

I do wonder if Rooney could have played that DCL role if given a chance... That could of been europe if we kept him and gave it a try.
tenor.gif

Gylfi isn’t quick enough for a deeper role. He needs to stay up toppressing in Marco’s442 defense. On attack he had freedom to roam.

Id take that point alright, but i saw an interesting stat at one stage that he was the Everton player who covers the most ground during the game. I would tend to agree though he does drop deeper for the system, but i dont think its natural to him or where his particular key skills lie. These days you will have your offensive and defensive responsibilities as any first team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.