Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still a thing and no doubt contributed, in a small and modest way, to GrandOldTeam.com winning World Football Forum of the Year. It is the transfer rumour tracker the brings them all to the yard.
I just hope you haven't scared them all away. Always good to have some completely fabricated stories from some loon that actually believes he's in the inner sanctum of the club.

....I think a key aspect of Silva’s game plan is footballers who are comfortable and keep possession, especially away from home against tougher opposition. Bernard is technically excellent and very confident in his own ability. When the team are under the cosh, Bernard and Gomes are brave in possession. Silva trusts them.

Lookman is unreliable, even in cameos. I like him lots, but I understand why Silva overlooks him. He’s more of a conventional winger, who’ll take full backs on, hit crosses in the box and has more scoring potential than Bernard, but in the context of team effectiveness Bernard is on a different level.

I absolutely guarantee if you’re a teammate, you’re delighted when Bernard takes to the pitch alongside you.
As a teammate you know what you are going to get when Bernard lines up beside you ,with Lookman you don't

Get players in early in time for a full pre-season and the "settling in period" won't be as bad.

Or don't cause, you know, we're all addicted to deadline day drama.

What did he say?

“He has to be the same Lookman everyday. He has to be the same Lookman that has that desire.
“We know what his quality is and you know I believe in his quality since the first day I saw him so it has to be same Lookman everyday with the same desire everyday.
“He needs to understand what the coach wants coming from him, and any winger in our model, because, after that, the quality he has.
“He is a young football player but, being honest with you, I expect Ademola to be on a different level already this season.
“I keep believing, 100%, in his quality as a football player, there are no doubts about that, but what I want to see coming from him is the same desire coming from him, each day, to achieve that, to reach that level he wants and the level I believe he can play at.”

He is trying, he is giving and what I want coming from him is more consistency in his daily work.
“I see one Lookman doing fantastic things one day and I say: ‘Ok, it will be this week’ and maybe the next day I have doubts. I don’t want this because, in my opinion, he has big, big potential.”

I think Silva shares a similar opinion to most fans, we need more from him. The difference is Silva sees the lad daily we don't.

All Silva has said (once, in March time) was that Lookman needed to show more in training.

Since then Lookman has come on in pretty much every game. In the last two games he's done very well. Was a few inches off scoring a banger v Burnley.

If he goes, he goes. It'd be a shame cause he's quite clearly a talent. But all this talk that he's definitely a sulker, definitely got an attitude problem etc. It's nonsense.

Well i'd take his opinion over a large conspiracy opinion he works with him everyday. He tries his best to score which is great if he does but he hasn't, he's not playing like a team player in my opinion.

He runs into dead ends instead of looking to link up a lot. Defending or pressing doesn't seem to cross his mind either, he wonders out of position too.

I think you are right he has the talent but maybe not the application. He hasn't took his chances when he's come on and in my opinion hasn't looked the happiest at times when called upon.

Get players in early in time for a full pre-season and the "settling in period" won't be as bad.

Or don't cause, you know, we're all addicted to deadline day drama.

...not being in EL qualification rounds has got to be an advantage, and the window closes ahead of the season. Zouma was a deadline day deal that was ok, but it would be good to get key targets in early.

It might be more cat & mouse with outgoings, the club preferring permanent deals but having to settle for a few loans as the window closes.

We've got about a millions pounds of week worth of dross to get shot of first.
Can we have a speculative list of which mugs are going to pay us money for (as well as paying wages to) the likes of Bolasie and Cuco Martina please?

Status
Not open for further replies.