Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....a lot different physically, i’d have thought. Augustin much smaller but stronger in stature, Abrahams more of a beanpole with a better goalscoring record.

I just wonder if the market abroad represents greater value, especially if RBL are keen on Lookman. Saying that, it’s paper talk at this stage as are the links of Lookman to Palace.
Yeah. Just been having a similar conversation with Nymz.

Think Augustin actually has similar goals record, he's just had fewer minutes. Similar type players in that they both like to play on the shoulder, similar to Rom. Also similar to Rom, Abrahams needs a lot of chances to get his goals. Think Augustin is slightly more clinical. Pacier too which is what I like most about him.

I'm not sure he's good enough for Spurs to come in and radically outbid us. He is still quite erratic and a big risk if he doesn't settle.
I think he walks into their midfield. I know sissoko has had a good season, but I’m still glad he turned us down for 30mil.

Winks is a typical overhyped English player, playing for a media darling club and Dier is basically dire. And Wanyama is big powerful player, but a pretty average player imo.

Spurs’s greatest strength has always been their front 4 and a strong defence, though the defence has started to show signs of struggle this season.

I forgot to add Gomes reminds me a bit of Dembele, I think he has similar traits. who when he first signed from Fulham at a similar age struggled for consistency for a couple of years.

I think he walks into their midfield. I know sissoko has had a good season, but I’m still glad he turned us down for 30mil.

Winks is a typical overhyped English player, playing for a media darling club and Dier is basically dire. And Wanyama is big powerful player, but a pretty average player imo.

Spurs’s greatest strength has always been their front 4 and a strong defence, though the defence has started to show signs of struggle this season.

I agree with most of what you said but Winks isn't overhyped. He's a very good player and we play much better when he isn't injured. Although he does seem to be frustratingly injury prone.

We do need new midfielders though. The annoying thing is that there's such high demand for midfielders that it's very hard to get the good ones.

Ohh just did a qwiki n went off that, still not great though, looked wank every time I’ve seen him

Was half joking like it’s not like you’re far off

Think he’s got 25 in all comps (did well in Europe last year).

He’s a quick, mobile forward but yeh, isn’t someone I think we would be able to hang our hat on to get 20 goals.

Then again, maybe that’s not what Brands and Silva are looking for. We’ll have to see.

Reactions: FTY
Pay it. The bigger problem is he will be getting offers from clubs with more to offer.
I don't think we need both him AND Siggy in the squad at the same time. So if we did buy him, and I necessarily be against that, I think we would need to off load Siggy. I'm sure we'd get a taker for £30m given the goals he brings. Ziyech is one of the few players around who I think is within our reach, who could be capable of replacing those goals. He's on the same contract as hen he first signed 3 years ago, so I doubt he's on more than £25/30k pw. We could easily triple his wages and save a bomb n what we're paying Siggy. Isn't that all part of Brands master plan?

If they wanted 40 million off the bat, that is the price they would have put out to the Spanish media.

They didn’t. They put 20 million out. There’s a sweet spot to be hit below 35/40 for him.
There is a psychology of bidding and auctions called sales psychology and it’s based off the more bidders you sit at a table the more likely your are to sell for close to or more than you actually wanted. The best way to bring bidders to the table is by offering an lower “obtainable for most” starting bid. Then as the bidding progresses the competitive nature in us to be better than our neighbors and improve our social standing through a purchase kicks in making us buy things we wouldn’t normally or pay a higher price that we would consider fair.

Since you aren’t getting it let’s use Bolasie for example:

For examples sake let’s say Bolasie has a buyout clause of £40m. No one will pay that but it locks him to us so that if we don’t want to sell or an offer is too low we can keep him no matter what.

We’d like to make a profit on him in the end so we would want something around £30m. We are okay with a loss but not something that will totally cripple us so we’ll say our low is £15m. To create that bidding competitiveness that we just talked about though we are going to start off the bidding at £7m to get championship level teams involved, the newly promoted prem teams, bottom of the table teams, and some teams from other leagues throughout Europe. We know Crystal Palace would like him and he’d like to play in the prem still so they are our main targets.

If bidding only progresses to £10m naturally and CP are the last ones in for him, because of the buyout clause we talked about earlier, we have no obligation to sell for that and can pull out of the bidding process and tell them our minimum goal was £15m and if you were seriously interested in buying him we will sell him to you for that price.

Side note: because Bolasie is [Poor language removed] if they say no then we’d probably still snap their hand off for the £10m but in Gomes’s case he could still be a rotation player at Barca getting 8-9 games a season and Barca could easily eat the costs allowing them to hold out on selling for a much longer time.

I agree with most of what you said but Winks isn't overhyped. He's a very good player and we play much better when he isn't injured. Although he does seem to be frustratingly injury prone.

We do need new midfielders though. The annoying thing is that there's such high demand for midfielders that it's very hard to get the good ones.
That’s a fair shout and you would have seen loads more of him than me

And it wasn’t a dig, spurs are a great team I just think the midfield is your weak link, similar to Liverpool.

Yeah. Just been having a similar conversation with Nymz.

Think Augustin actually has similar goals record, he's just had fewer minutes. Similar type players in that they both like to play on the shoulder, similar to Rom. Also similar to Rom, Abrahams needs a lot of chances to get his goals. Think Augustin is slightly more clinical. Pacier too which is what I like most about him.

....me too, Fred. Haven’t seen lots of Augustin but he’s looking to get in behind central defenders, looks to have a great touch and can spin and run away from defenders.

We defo had Fernandes all signed up mate. Then Valencia flashed their skirt and he did one.

And I’ve never forgiven him.
I have, he's just a big ol' rascally rascal. He couldn't help but show the ball before whipping it away from a big blundering English guy approaching him. I like to think a part of Contract Dave even went "Ole!" when Manny Cryuff turned his pen away from him onto the Valencia contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.