Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a psychology of bidding and auctions called sales psychology and it’s based off the more bidders you sit at a table the more likely your are to sell for close to or more than you actually wanted. The best way to bring bidders to the table is by offering an lower “obtainable for most” starting bid. Then as the bidding progresses the competitive nature in us to be better than our neighbors and improve our social standing through a purchase kicks in making us buy things we wouldn’t normally or pay a higher price that we would consider fair.

Since you aren’t getting it let’s use Bolasie for example:

For examples sake let’s say Bolasie has a buyout clause of £40m. No one will pay that but it locks him to us so that if we don’t want to sell or an offer is too low we can keep him no matter what.

We’d like to make a profit on him in the end so we would want something around £30m. We are okay with a loss but not something that will totally cripple us so we’ll say our low is £15m. To create that bidding competitiveness that we just talked about though we are going to start off the bidding at £7m to get championship level teams involved, the newly promoted prem teams, bottom of the table teams, and some teams from other leagues throughout Europe. We know Crystal Palace would like him and he’d like to play in the prem still so they are our main targets.

If bidding only progresses to £10m naturally and CP are the last ones in for him, because of the buyout clause we talked about earlier, we have no obligation to sell for that and can pull out of the bidding process and tell them our minimum goal was £15m and if you were seriously interested in buying him we will sell him to you for that price.

Side note: because Bolasie is [Poor language removed] if they say no then we’d probably still snap their hand off for the £10m but in Gomes’s case he could still be a rotation player at Barca getting 8-9 games a season and Barca could easily eat the costs allowing them to hold out on selling for a much longer time.

lol

I think Gomes will sign for us. He's obviously made some very good mates at the club by this stage and after the mare he had at Barca I think he will now appreciate the benefits of career progression. Still only 25 if he plays for us for a couple of years, every chance of making the step up down the line.

I will cry if we sign Tampax.

Could play him in a deeper role where he could pull the strings.

There is a psychology of bidding and auctions called sales psychology and it’s based off the more bidders you sit at a table the more likely your are to sell for close to or more than you actually wanted. The best way to bring bidders to the table is by offering an lower “obtainable for most” starting bid. Then as the bidding progresses the competitive nature in us to be better than our neighbors and improve our social standing through a purchase kicks in making us buy things we wouldn’t normally or pay a higher price that we would consider fair.

For examples sake let’s say Bolasie has a buyout clause of £40m. No one will pay that but it locks him to us so that if we don’t want to sell or an offer is too low we can keep him no matter what.

We’d like to make a profit on him in the end so we would want something around £30m.

We’d like to make a profit on him in the end so we would want something around £30m. We are okay with a loss but not something that will totally cripple us so we’ll say our low is £15m. To create that bidding competitiveness that we just talked about though we are going to start off the bidding at £7m to get championship level teams involved, the newly promoted prem teams, bottom of the table teams, and some teams from other leagues throughout Europe. We know Crystal Palace would like him and he’d like to play in the prem still so they are our main targets.

If bidding only progresses to £10m naturally and CP are the last ones in for him, because of the buyout clause we talked about earlier, we have no obligation to sell for that and can pull out of the bidding process and tell them our minimum goal was £15m and if you were seriously interested in buying him we will sell him to you for that price.

Side note: because Bolasie is [Poor language removed] if they say no then we’d probably still snap their hand off for the £10m but in Gomes’s case he could still be a rotation player at Barca getting 8-9 games a season and Barca could easily eat the costs allowing them to hold out on selling for a much longer time.

Tim Wannacott is a Blue

I don't think we need both him AND Siggy in the squad at the same time. So if we did buy him, and I necessarily be against that, I think we would need to off load Siggy. I'm sure we'd get a taker for £30m given the goals he brings. Ziyech is one of the few players around who I think is within our reach, who could be capable of replacing those goals. He's on the same contract as hen he first signed 3 years ago, so I doubt he's on more than £25/30k pw. We could easily triple his wages and save a bomb n what we're paying Siggy. Isn't that all part of Brands master plan?
Ziyech has played almost exclusively from the RW this year so with a strong overlapping fullback holding the width he and Siggy could play together or in time he could replace him as the central attacking midfielder. Or if we go more 4-3-3 he can just stay on the right. And we could easily triple Ziyech's wages which is why I think signing him isn't 100% impossible but still depends on what interest is like elsewhere.

I think he walks into their midfield. I know sissoko has had a good season, but I’m still glad he turned us down for 30mil.

Winks is a typical overhyped English player, playing for a media darling club and Dier is basically dire. And Wanyama is big powerful player, but a pretty average player imo.

Spurs’s greatest strength has always been their front 4 and a strong defence, though the defence has started to show signs of struggle this season.

I forgot to add Gomes reminds me a bit of Dembele, I think he has similar traits. who when he first signed from Fulham at a similar age struggled for consistency for a couple of years.
The overrating of Sissoko by Spurs fans this season is comical. I've had people tell me he's more important than everyone they have bar Son and Alderweireld this year. Get a grip Spurs fans this thing is turning badly kopite and you generally aren't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.