Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Be quite happy with mitrovic 11 goals and 3 assists in an awful Fulham side. Be interesting to see him with better players around him

....although his Premiership record isn’t great, 23 in 47 for Serbia and 36 in 69 for Anderlecht are decent returns. He’d certainly be an upgrade on Tosun and Niasse. Just 24 years of age as well.

Zouma
Gomes
Striker
Winger
Back up right back (loan Kenny to play regularly if backed to be a long term player)

Get rid of:
Martina
Mirallas
Bolasie
Besic
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Tosun
Stekelenburg
Lookman
Vlasic (if he doesn’t want to stay)
Sandro (nearly forgot, may be the hardest to move on with his reported wages)

We need to clear some deadwood however we can, but I’m sure we’d be looking at about 5 in & 10 out
Love the optimism of a newbie

I think the comment was about taking a decision on Virginia based on whether they thought first team minutes on loan, or being part of the first team squad was most important for his development. Signing Lossl would suggest a loan.

...that would make sense. Virginia needs competitive open-age football where results really matter.

Mitrovic on his day can be an absolute handful but how often these days come around is in question for me. Away against decent sides he will be a liability on the half way line and really struggle with a counter attack approach.

I think people have a got a right to be disappointed if they don't like a player we're signing. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to happy clap along.

Oh it's fine to be disappointed it's the moaning and exaggeration that he's no better than what we've got or in fact he's worse. I think he's far better than Tosun and has proved that, if we get him and let's say Batshuayi for example as those are 2 who've been mentioned that's a definite improvement.

From what I can see people are only disappointed because they expect us to be going for the top level of players which we obviously can't, especially with it being very clear that we need to lower the wage bill. The only way we could maybe attract those types would be stupid wages and who wants a player that's willing to leave a club for more money, we'd be setting ourselves up for potential instability.

Neither of those 2 would start in a top 6 side, I understand that but no striker who could would consider coming to us at this point. I would also argue that the pair of them would almost definitely start for most if not all of the other 13 teams in the league. We can build to be a top six side but that won't be done until we even establish ourselves as "best of the rest" which we aren't at this time.

It’s quite possible the Mitrovic link is just his agent trying to encourage bidders. He does seem an odd fit for Silva’s system but I suppose coming off the bench he would offer a bit of physical presence.

I’m just trying to keep calm and ignore the rumours this summer. Have lost too much of my life to hitting F5 in the transfer rumours thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.