Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely that’s the way it should be, just add special talents here and there.

That’s been the big difference to the transfer approach by Liverpool. When they had Houllier and others buying 10 players every window and maybe 1 or 2 coming off it was a complete waste of money - similar to what Koeman did here. Spending big on a few quality players like they have with their keeper and van Dijk is the way to go. Problem we have is attracting the real top quality to come.

Heard from a reliable source at the club, CANT TELL TOU WHO OBVS Mirallas, Bolasie, Vlasic, Martina, Williams, Garbutt, Besic, McCarthy, Sandro, Niasse all sold to the knackers yard.

Huge loss obviously.

Stand on me.

hahahaha come on lad, literally every one of them is currently loaned out atm because we don't want them, not exactly breaking news!

That’s been the big difference to the transfer approach by Liverpool. When they had Houllier and others buying 10 players every window and maybe 1 or 2 coming off it was a complete waste of money - similar to what Koeman did here. Spending big on a few quality players like they have with their keeper and van Dijk is the way to go. Problem we have is attracting the real top quality to come.

....spending big doesn’t necessarily mean you are buying quality. There are plenty of expensive failures, just like there are plenty of bargains. The situation is the same as it’s always been, it’s about buying very good footballers who fit into the playing strategy.

Heard from a reliable source at the club, CANT TELL TOU WHO OBVS Mirallas, Bolasie, Vlasic, Martina, Williams, Garbutt, Besic, McCarthy, Sandro, Niasse all sold to the knackers yard.

Huge loss obviously.

Stand on me.

Knackers Yard First XI nailed on for promotion though.

I'd keep vlasic. Lookman is gonna get off - we need another CM, CB (zouma won't sign), competition for SC23, Hopefully another CAM to give Sigs some comp too. Get rid of a lot of dead wood - Send out Davies on loan?

Going to be a busy summer

Moshiri has apparently said that they have identified 23 players who can leave - and have sounded out 9 potential incoming players

I have to be honest I would be amazed if we could move 23 on. I have done a quick calculation and the most I can see, including the loans would be 22. This would be removing all but the essential players too.

Last season we sold 6 and loaned 11 out so 17 in total. I struggle to see how we can sell 23.

Barcelona want to bring in fair few new players this summer so they need to sell. Gomes is their Klaassen so they'll be happy just to move him on. The only problem we've got is if other clubs come in for him who will drive the price up.

I still think he'll end up here regardless but you want to pay as little as possible.
If Gomes tell other clubs he’s not interested they won’t even bid
Clubs ( mostly ) only bid if they think the player is interested
See PSG and Gana

Sign Gomes or equivalent
Sign Zouma or equivalent
Sign a top quality striker
That’s 100 m there
That would be about the lot with 2 on loan and a couple of youth players.
It’s going to be hard for Brands to shift our deadwood for cash
I can see Henry , Vlasic being kept unless we get crazy offers
Lookman May go
Silva hinted at signing older players if it suited
That may be a 30 yr old top striker to allow DCL to develop.
Brands has said there is no point in signing players who will stifle the progress of our young talent

Status
Not open for further replies.