Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've also sold our best player, but I do feel in Gbamin we have a player who could help us adapt to a different way of playing (which is gonna take time).

The lack of a center half is disappointing, but when you look at the business we did there is much to be pleased with:

Lossl: premier league keeper on a free - an upgrade on Stek and it makes sense with our young, future option already in the fold
Gomes: an excellent piece of business for 22m
Delph: not exciting perhaps, but for 8m adds experience and depth to a squad that is otherwise getting younger
Kean: brilliant signing, particularly for under 30m
Gbamin: have watched him some in Germany and i believe we got a good deal on an exciting player
Sidibe: a loan with an option to buy for a quality RB that certainly provides depth for and possibly a challenge to Coleman
Iwobi: 35m is maybe 5-10 too high, but at the same time if he had been in Netherlands or France I believe he would have been tearing those leagues up and we would think he his a steal. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We also cleared a lot of deadwood and will likely clear more. Plus, much as i would have liked a CB, i am thrilled we did not sign Rojo on a permanent.

Is Brands perfect? No.
Could we have hoped for more? Yes
Are we better than we were? Depends on how quick Gbamin and Kean bed in, but I don't think we are worse and as the young players advance we will likely be better.
Did we mortgage the future? No

On the whole, it is a positive window.

As I stated earlier, this is positive and we can only hope the CB situation doesnt undo this good work.. BUT that would be Everton That!

Arsenal valued zaha at £40m, we valued him at £60m, palace at £80m. Arsenal value Zaha equal to their valuation of Iwobi, we believe Arsenal undervalued Zaha, but are not willing to meet the valuation given by palace, as it is extortionate. We are however, willing to pay the extortionate value for Iwobi, who Arsenal believe is Zaha's equal. I feel like there is a whole load of people getting it wrong at Everton and Arsenal in the boardroom and Palace may well be the best judge of talent

What should we be doing then?

All I heard from Everton all summer was “ambition”. We should show some actual ambition. Try to push for a top 4 finish instead of making our marquee signing an arsenal backup.
If the fans are “made up” toiling away in obscurity in the mid table then we don’t deserve any better.
Anyone who wants more is a bedwetter.

All I heard from Everton all summer was “ambition”. We should show some actual ambition. Try to push for a top 4 finish instead of making our marquee signing an arsenal backup.
If the fans are “made up” toiling away in obscurity in the mid table then we don’t deserve any better.
Anyone who wants more is a bedwetter.
We haven’t played a competitive game yet. How on earth do you know where we are finishing?

Some of the top managers actually value the EFL trophy and we should too. If we win it, we secure a European spot. Or do you not want that for us? NSNO indeed.

There's a difference between settling for less and being realistic and this is a case of the latter. I suppose you expect us to finish 6th or higher then?

I won’t be made up with 7th place I’ll tell you that. If Everton is ambitious as they say they are they we should expect 6th or higher absolutely

Okay, I know you people DONT want to hear this, because then you cant whine as much but....

Iwobi is 3 years younger than Zaha. Zaha 3 seasons ago, at the same age Iwobi was last season, scored 2 goals and had 5 assists in more minutes than Iwobi's 3 and 7. Iwobi was better at 23 than Zaha. Not saying he will be a success as its always heart and determination that take talent places, but lets not pretend Iwobi cant be good enough, and that Brands doesnt have a good eye.

Now that the window is closed I honestly think this should be the final transfer window thread and all future 'XXXX transfer window' threads banned.
Individual threads per transfer rumour are much better for discussion, the transfer window threads create pages and pages of speculation that fuels tension and disappointment over events we have no control over or knowledge of anyway. GOT is a better place without them.

The opposite, for me. At least people know the one thread to avoid if they can’t deal with urine-soaked sheets. The multiple threads sprouting from some jarg rumours were the ones that infuriated me.

Good luck with that one, DCL has had plenty of chances and he’s still a poor player.

He did very well for us over parts of last season, in particular playing a big part in the big run towards the end.

He isnt a poor player, he just isnt scoring enough goals (yet, he may begin to pick up) to keep his place beyond this window.

I believe we may have over paid for the latest signing - in an effort to keep the bed wetters happy.
But to be honest I don't think even our owner is arsed about 5 to 10m.

Status
Not open for further replies.