Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The lack of a center half is disappointing, but when you look at the business we did there is much to be pleased with:

Lossl: premier league keeper on a free - an upgrade on Stek and it makes sense with our young, future option already in the fold
Gomes: an excellent piece of business for 22m
Delph: not exciting perhaps, but for 8m adds experience and depth to a squad that is otherwise getting younger
Kean: brilliant signing, particularly for under 30m
Gbamin: have watched him some in Germany and i believe we got a good deal on an exciting player
Sidibe: a loan with an option to buy for a quality RB that certainly provides depth for and possibly a challenge to Coleman
Iwobi: 35m is maybe 5-10 too high, but at the same time if he had been in Netherlands or France I believe he would have been tearing those leagues up and we would think he his a steal. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We also cleared a lot of deadwood and will likely clear more. Plus, much as i would have liked a CB, i am thrilled we did not sign Rojo on a permanent.

Is Brands perfect? No.
Could we have hoped for more? Yes
Are we better than we were? Depends on how quick Gbamin and Kean bed in, but I don't think we are worse and as the young players advance we will likely be better.
Did we mortgage the future? No

On the whole, it is a positive window.

Right.

After earlier, when I was mad, I am at least happy we have a body in in Iwobi.

And, while I'm not happy at the cost, he will offer pace and skill.

However, there's still a lot of pressure on Kean to come in an up the goals. Will Iwobi guarantee goals? No. But he will help our chances.

The failure to get a CB - poor.

Now that the window is closed I honestly think this should be the final transfer window thread and all future 'XXXX transfer window' threads banned.
Individual threads per transfer rumour are much better for discussion, the transfer window threads create pages and pages of speculation that fuels tension and disappointment over events we have no control over or knowledge of anyway. GOT is a better place without them.
It’s an Everton forum full of Evertonians.
Every thread fuels tension and disappointment over things we can’t control.
It’s Everton innit.

Overall a good window. I stated if we got rid of deadwood (Most are gone) and added to the areas we needed. Job done.

Moise Kean regarded as one of the best buys of the window.

JPM a replacement for Gana who can also play centre half.

IWOBI is good competition on the wing and looks like he could play more central to me.

Zouma would have been great but Chelsea held all aces there.

Rojo was never gonna be bought for 25m, loan only and he was just for backup.

If offered that at end of season. I would have gladly accepted.

Now stop playing football manager everybody and pretend we know what's happening.

Full faith in Brands and Moshiri

COYB

Palace 2 Everton 1

Zaha 89,McCarthy 95+

Mickey Mouse trophy and a 7th place finish. And we wonder why Everton can’t get out that “Plucky little Everton” label.

Made up with it huh?

NSNO
Some of the top managers actually value the EFL trophy and we should too. If we win it, we secure a European spot. Or do you not want that for us? NSNO indeed.

There's a difference between settling for less and being realistic and this is a case of the latter. I suppose you expect us to finish 6th or higher then?

The lack of a center half is disappointing, but when you look at the business we did there is much to be pleased with:

Lossl: premier league keeper on a free - an upgrade on Stek and it makes sense with our young, future option already in the fold
Gomes: an excellent piece of business for 22m
Delph: not exciting perhaps, but for 8m adds experience and depth to a squad that is otherwise getting younger
Kean: brilliant signing, particularly for under 30m
Gbamin: have watched him some in Germany and i believe we got a good deal on an exciting player
Sidibe: a loan with an option to buy for a quality RB that certainly provides depth for and possibly a challenge to Coleman
Iwobi: 35m is maybe 5-10 too high, but at the same time if he had been in Netherlands or France I believe he would have been tearing those leagues up and we would think he his a steal. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

We also cleared a lot of deadwood and will likely clear more. Plus, much as i would have liked a CB, i am thrilled we did not sign Rojo on a permanent.

Is Brands perfect? No.
Could we have hoped for more? Yes
Are we better than we were? Depends on how quick Gbamin and Kean bed in, but I don't think we are worse and as the young players advance we will likely be better.
Did we mortgage the future? No

On the whole, it is a positive window.

Nice post.

Objectively, I'm happy with every signing (though think we have overpaid for Iwobi).

But, no centre-half is a huge oversight. I was happy for us to wait on Zouma and my guess is we were confident at, of the very least, getting Tomori if all failed (even though I don't think he was the answer).

However, we should have had another option. I appreciate that Luiz's move came out of nowhere and could not be foreseen. But it's no excuse not to have had another option away from Chelsea.

Right.

After earlier, when I was mad, I am at least happy we have a body in in Iwobi.

And, while I'm not happy at the cost, he will offer pace and skill.

However, there's still a lot of pressure on Kean to come in an up the goals. Will Iwobi guarantee goals? No. But he will help our chances.

The failure to get a CB - poor.

Hopefully DCL pushes on a bit more this season now he has competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.