Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha begged Palace to let him join Everton, leaving Parish with a test of nerve as the Toffees prepared to return with an improved offer before the 5pm deadline.

Evening standard are reporting this, in last 5 minutes.

I’m not sure if it’s old news retyped

Thats a fair point, pre season and underage and youth international games as much as anyone, i am a bit swayed by Silvas comments on him not being ready as well. But the potential is there to see.

I work of the philosophy, that if you have young players of potential they should be given opportunities and a pathway, so if came down to a choice of Rojo or Gibson to play four games this season, id pick Gibson, honestly on the balance of what we have all seen so far and Rojo. we should nurture our own. Realistically it willbe Holgate who will be first choice back up.

Do you know what id even keep Mathew Pennington for the season rather then Rojo.
I completely agree that I don't want Rojo, but I don't think Gibson is anywhere near ready yet. Very, very, few 19 year olds can play centre half in the Premier League. If he's good enough to do it and hold his own he could truly be a once in a lifetime player. Alternatively he could be thrown in too early, struggle, and ruin his entire career. I'm not sure we want to take that chance, in fact I am pretty certain Silva doesn't.

This is what I find bizarre. You cannot possibly have seen Lewis Gibson play more than maybe 3 times? All in friendlies. That's assuming you've been watching these friendlies online, I doubt you've seen him in the flesh once. And yet you confidently state he'd be fine to play a load of Premier League games. You cannot have any basis for that assertion whatsoever.
The penalty Gibson gave away in the friendly against Monaco was awful schoolboy defending. He'd get found out pretty quick in the PL. (and i was there, not watching some shitty stream)

6 hours to go.... a summary for those who don’t want to read 50 pages:

CB: stifled on Tomori due to Luiz move. Appears we may be after a loan for Rojo. Rekik at Berlin also mentioned in the past 48 hours (the German club would have time to replace him)

Winger: Zilch on Zaha. Some concern Spurs may make a let’s move due to Dybala deal collapsing. Bergwijn at PSV mentioned as an alternative (an excellent alternative imo)

CM: Doucouré still off. No movement on Iwobi. You have to wonder if all efforts are now, rightfully, on the two positions above.

No real word on outgoing which simply indicates the remaining deadwood will move abroad, which we all suspected.

Things getting tight with the deadline approaching. Been an alright window, but think most would be disappointed if we do nothing today.

Also, please allow me to say a thank you to @Eggs. Been a pleasure waking up here in the States to his morning update!

I completely agree that I don't want Rojo, but I don't think Gibson is anywhere near ready yet. Very, very, few 19 year olds can play centre half in the Premier League. If he's good enough to do it and hold his own he could truly be a once in a lifetime player. Alternatively he could be thrown in too early, struggle, and ruin his entire career. I'm not sure we want to take that chance, in fact I am pretty certain Silva doesn't.
How many games did Foyth play for Spurs at CB last season though ? 1/3 of the prem season. I say give Gibson games - looks a great prospect . Would trust him more than Holgate .

But we arent asking him to play 38 games, likely a jags role last season so worst comes to worst three of four if even, bring him into the senior squad, let him play with first team players and really develop him for the year.

I take on board what you say and wouldnt dismiss it, but id much rather go my route, or even keep Pennighton.

I hope Holgate stays.
Is a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.