• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
?
So you are saying it is impossible to break into the top 4 because we can never sign players of that quality?

Honestly mate, have a think about what your saying.

No, where have I said that?

Leicester got in the top 4 because they made a couple of astute signings in Kante and Mahrez, who only later went in to be “top top” players (your child like words not mine).

What is your actual point or don’t you really have one?

6 hours to go.... a summary for those who don’t want to read 50 pages:

CB: stifled on Tomori due to Luiz move. Appears we may be after a loan for Rojo. Rekik at Berlin also mentioned in the past 48 hours (the German club would have time to replace him)

Winger: Zilch on Zaha. Some concern Spurs may make a let’s move due to Dybala deal collapsing. Bergwijn at PSV mentioned as an alternative (an excellent alternative imo)

CM: Doucouré still off. No movement on Iwobi. You have to wonder if all efforts are now, rightfully, on the two positions above.

No real word on outgoing which simply indicates the remaining deadwood will move abroad, which we all suspected.

Things getting tight with the deadline approaching. Been an alright window, but think most would be disappointed if we do nothing today.

Also, please allow me to say a thank you to @Eggs. Been a pleasure waking up here in the States to his morning update!
Yeah ta eggs, will miss the morning reports. Will also miss bungles daily reporting lunacy but all this means one thing. Everton are back!!!!!

No, where have I said that?

Leicester got in the top 4 because they made a couple of astute signings in Kante and Mahrez, who only later went in to be “top top” players (your child like words not mine).

What is your actual point or don’t you really have one?

His point is Everton are crap will always be crap and we all have to admit it.

How did spurs do it!? Must have been a fluke.

Oh but then Leicester won the league not so long ago... another fluke?

(Sigh) his point was we should be signing the cream of Europe to break into the top 4. Neither Spurs or Leicester did that, they made some astute signings who went on the develop into top players which is what we are trying to do also.

How did spurs do it!? Must have been a fluke.

Oh but then Leicester won the league not so long ago... another fluke?

They did it by consistently picking up players who were best of the rest, and having a good percentage of them take a step up. Eriksen, vertonghen, son were all good players but not in europes elite. You can go back as far as when they had bale and modric for similar examples.

At the moment all bar Mina that have been signed under brands have showed signs of this progression.

How many games did Foyth play for Spurs at CB last season though ? 1/3 of the prem season. I say give Gibson games - looks a great prospect . Would trust him more than Holgate .
Foyth (who's 2 1/2 years older than Gibson and a full international) played 8 games at centre half.

Jim White claiming Palace are offering Zaha an extra million to stay and then guaranteeing him a move in the summer. Pretty sure thats what palace did last year too

(Sigh) his point was we should be signing the cream of Europe to break into the top 4. Neither Spurs or Leicester did that, they made some astute signings who went on the develop into top players which is what we are trying to do also.

So basically you want it now.

You don’t want to go the astute route and sign players for value on low wages, but take a massive risk on a player who will unrest all the other top earners who will demand more.

Welcome to Leeds, David O’Leary years.

Status
Not open for further replies.