Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said after the window because we can still sign players right up until the eve of the new season, so on that basis, what's the point moaning now, we could have 7 or 8 players in negotiations for all we know, it's not over til it slams shut.

Either way, our voices won't have much impact, in my opinion. I just can't understand why people are getting antsy while we still have the option to purchase players.

Window closes 8th of August doesn't it?

And I wouldn't say that signing 7 players on deadline day is an especially good idea. It would make much more sense to get people in earlier

We’re going to sign a CB, RB and a forward before the season starts. I’m not in any doubt about that. Half of our squad aren’t back in training yet, there’s no major rush.

Does the window shut before the season starts or has it changed again?

I think that any "perceived" hold ups may be caused by simple logistical issues. An example may be players still being involved in South American competitions (as well as the normal horse trading with clubs and agents etc).
I am still sure that Marcel will deliver and the panicking , by some , is over nothing.

I do genuinely think sometimes that the fan base putting pressure on the club helps get stuff over the line

I certainly think it helped with Schneiderlin for example, as the club were dragging their feet that entire window and the fans were causing so much ruckus over it that even Koeman had to speak out about it in the end and it jolted the club into some action

So I do think fan sentiment can play a part. However, I also believe that losing your mind on the 5th of July is a bit OTT. You have to pick your spots. However, if everyone just waits till the end of the window to complain then any opportunity they have to make any kind of an impact goes right out of the window

Ultimately the club will make the decision, but I think it's naive to think fan sentiment plays zero part in their decision making process. We're not ran by Mike Ashley at the end of the day, the people who run our club do I think have at least some semblance of care for what we think, even if it is only minimal
So last time everyone kicked off we ended up signing Schneiderlin?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, EVERYBODY SHUT UP MOANING.

I think that any "perceived" hold ups may be caused by simple logistical issues. An example may be players still being involved in South American competitions (as well as the normal horse trading with clubs and agents etc).
I am still sure that Marcel will deliver and the panicking , by some , is over nothing.
This is the Corparel Jones thread mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.