Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just playing devil's advocate, wouldn't that then be too late to do any good?

What can any of us do now? All we can do is wait and see what happens, if it slams shut we can moan with substance but crying about stuff that may or may not happen is a waste of energy.

But at the end of the day, we can't do zip about anything, except share our thoughts with fellow Blues,preferably after we can't sign anyone not while the window is open.

not at all, not really sure why you are trying to wind me up other than you are being a complete pleb but please stop, i could'nt care when we sign players and am happy to wait, grow up mate

You're telling me to grow up, haha the irony after cryarsing like a 3 year old.

Why are there so many people panicking this morning?!

It’s crazy the need to feel everyone needs to be in the squad early doors. Brands showed last year, he will be involved in a transfer and set a fee - the negotiations regarding Mina were a testament to how most likely any talks this summer will evolve. Interest and discussion regarding fee, then Brands sits back and let’s brinkmanship take over. No player has a set fee unless min fee/transfer listed so we just need to be patient and await the bigger influences of the transfer market having a knock on effect.

It worked last year with Mina, Barça playing the Man Utd interest to drive a change in stance by Marco and he stuck to his guns. I suspect this summer he may fail in a situation were interest from another team will drive up the price and it’ll depend on Brands’ value of the player if he acts to increase bidding.

The players we are after will be sought by other teams and this is were I feel we may lose a target as realistically we aren’t going to get every player we go for over the line.

Brands has probably already approached the teams and registered his interest, the clubs may not want to enter discussions other factors could be the value is not there or alternatively the player may have no interest in joining us.

It’s a hard task signing a player and certainly one I would hate to do, but credit to Brands he’s been doing this for a long time and will have his actions shaped by ensuring he represents the club ideology and that at present is getting value for money.

Patience people, he’s got this.

I'm not sure moaning on an unofficial forum would do much to alter how the transfer window will play out at any time of the year.

What can any of us do now? All we can do is wait and see what happens, if it slams shut we can moan with substance but crying about stuff that may or may not happen is a waste of energy.

But at the end of the day, we can't do zip about anything, except share our thoughts with fellow Blues,preferably after we can't sign anyone not while the window is open.

Playing devils advocate to your devils advocate, what good does moaning do anyway.?

I do genuinely think sometimes that the fan base putting pressure on the club helps get stuff over the line

I certainly think it helped with Schneiderlin for example, as the club were dragging their feet that entire window and the fans were causing so much ruckus over it that even Koeman had to speak out about it in the end and it jolted the club into some action

So I do think fan sentiment can play a part. However, I also believe that losing your mind on the 5th of July is a bit OTT. You have to pick your spots. However, if everyone just waits till the end of the window to complain then any opportunity they have to make any kind of an impact goes right out of the window

Ultimately the club will make the decision, but I think it's naive to think fan sentiment plays zero part in their decision making process. We're not ran by Mike Ashley at the end of the day, the people who run our club do I think have at least some semblance of care for what we think, even if it is only minimal

I do genuinely think sometimes that the fan base putting pressure on the club helps get stuff over the line

I certainly think it helped with Schneiderlin for example, as the club were dragging their feet that entire window and the fans were causing so much ruckus over it that even Koeman had to speak out about it in the end and it jolted the club into some action

So I do think fan sentiment can play a part. However, I also believe that losing your mind on the 5th of July is a bit OTT. You have to pick your spots. However, if everyone just waits till the end of the window to complain then any opportunity they have to make any kind of an impact goes right out of the window

Ultimately the club will make the decision, but I think it's naive to think fan sentiment plays zero part in their decision making process. We're not ran by Mike Ashley at the end of the day, the people who run our club do I think have at least some semblance of care for what we think, even if it is only minimal

Idoubt Brands reads GOT mate

Seriously, you have 0 impact on how the club goes about it's recruitment, none of us do and we should be grateful. Because football fans are, by and large, idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.