Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say im a little concerned by all the talk of looking at that young striker and possibly another "young striker" if Tosun leaves.

Obviously the plan is signing younger players rather than old but theres a difference between young and proven.

DCL is young yet isn't proven. We are desperate for a proven finisher this window. Anything less 3 years after losing Rom is simply unacceptable.

I would rather play Walcott at centre back than Mirallas anywhere on the pitch.
I would rather see neither of them in an Everton shirt next season to be frank. Brands is renowned for buying up and coming talent and developing them into players through good coaching from the manager and then selling them for huge profit after they have a great couple of seasons. so all this tosh about proven premiership players is simply tosh!

Bit of a waste of time debating the merits of Kevin Mirallas at this point isn't it?

He won't be here next season. He'll be loaned again to run the last year of that contract we should never have given him down. In the same bin as Ashley Williams in that regard.

Must say im a little concerned by all the talk of looking at that young striker and possibly another "young striker" if Tosun leaves.

Obviously the plan is signing younger players rather than old but theres a difference between young and proven.

DCL is young yet isn't proven. We are desperate for a proven finisher this window. Anything less 3 years after losing Rom is simply unacceptable.
Proven like who? Tosun hit 41 goals in 96 apps for Besiktas. You really want Dzeko don't you.

That is not the clubs model anymore though. I really don't get why people are still not understanding this. We will be looking for younger up and coming players, does not mean they won't be good or not able to score loads, but the days of £50m players on massive wages are long gone.

Last edited:

That is not the clubs model anymore though. I really don't get why people are still not understanding this. We will be looking for younger up and coming players, does not mean they won't be good or not able to score loads, but the days of £50m players are long gone on massive wages are long gone.
Agreed. I think the only way we see that again is if it’s a player that completes the puzzle. The final piece.

Im good with this change in transfers

That is not the clubs model anymore though. I really don't get why people are still not understanding this. We will be looking for younger up and coming players, does not mean they won't be good or not able to score loads, but the days of £50m players are long gone on massive wages are long gone.

People mention Lukaku....but he was the EXACT model of player we will be looking for. He was a Chelsea sub, off the back of a WBA loan.

Whats to say we cant do the same again, and give a player bthe chance to turn into a top player.

Proven like who? Tosun hit 41 goals in 96 apps for Besiktas. You really want Dzeko don't you.

In a bum league. This portguese lad is a punt and has an average rate of 7 goals this season in an average league thats much less stronger than the Prem.

The Birmingham striker has scored around 1 in 2 in the championship which I think DCL could manage (and the likes of Dwight Gaye, Cameron Jerome etc. Who can score down there but not replicate it here).

Im fine with us signing 2 strikers however one has to be a proven goal scorer from a decent league i.e. Haller, Jovic, Gomez, Dzeko etc.

Anything less and Silva is finished if we bring in 2 kids who dont score the goals as no way will we improve enough to realistically get 7th+ and thats whats needed to keep him in a job come next May 2 seasons in.

Status
Not open for further replies.