Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you've replied to it, once or twice before. What's your point?

Since I last mentioned it, we're even closer to the deadline and we have played two more games further highlighting our limitations as a team.

Because we're all aware that we needed a replacement for Rom as soon as possible. And it hasn't changed.

I don't see what going over it over and over again does to help anyone.

Even the manager knows this.

Sounds like Meralis

Sounds like Mirallas.

Honestly mate, I've just been looking there cos Leicester want Townsend and the reporter said why when they have Gray and loads of fans have gonna on and slated Gray, say he's got a bad attitude, got lots to learn, end product not good enough, greedy and shoots when he should definitely pass etc. They were slating him!

Because we're all aware that we needed a replacement for Rom as soon as possible. And it hasn't changed.

I don't see what going over it over and over again does to help anyone.

Even the manager knows this.
It's hardly a shock that the biggest concern amongst Evertonians is a frequent talking point.

Haha why?

just because he isn't the most prolific of strikers doesnt make him a bad player. he's used to legging it into channels and closing down the defence, and would work well as both a lone striker leading the line or alongside Sandro

...it's a fair point. We don't know how fit he's kept himself and even if he's in a training routine it would take some games to get match fit.

There are 25 announced fixtures between now and the end of the year. This is all probably fantasy, but 6 months of Costa could have a HUGE impact on our fortunes in the league and in Europe.

...more potential than proven but given what's out there he could be decent. I think the fact that he plays for Cardiff puts folk off.

He looks a real specimen (as does Bobby Reid who played well this weekend who we are looking at).

I agree with Warnock he is raw and would benefit from another season playing regularly. I wonder if a deal could be done with him staying on loan until January/the summer and a figure being agreed between the 12 and 30 million being discussed?

The only downside is that I was similarly impressed with Rudy Gestede so you do have to be wary!

There are 25 announced fixtures between now and the end of the year. This is all probably fantasy, but 6 months of Costa could have a HUGE impact on our fortunes in the league and in Europe.

..not sure if any deal would restrict him playing in European games if it could impact him turning out for Atletico later this season. I'd be happy if he joined us by the way.

If Costa does come to us an a 6 month loan, and its a big IF, would he be able to play in Europe?

Surely it will be stipulated by Athletico that he doesn't , so he won't be cup tied when he goes to them in January???

Status
Not open for further replies.