Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly mate, I've just been looking there cos Leicester want Townsend and the reporter said why when they have Gray and loads of fans have gonna on and slated Gray, say he's got a bad attitude, got lots to learn, end product not good enough, greedy and shoots when he should definitely pass etc. They were slating him!
Not questioning your post,it's just the description of Gray in the first post sounded like a description of Mirallas.

I think its also quite possible Everton are using Costa as plan B. The fact that Costa has agreed but Chelsea and us havent quite struck a deal yet screams we are balking over the loan fee. If we have no other striker options, we would not do that, but it would make sense if Costa was our B option locked up in case we werent able to get our current plan A option.

If we dont, we just capitulate to Chelsea and use him for the next 20 matches until they ship him off. No sense in saving him for the last half of the season :).

..not sure if any deal would restrict him playing in European games if it could impact him turning out for Atletico later this season. I'd be happy if he joined us by the way.

Only if Athletico fall out the CL and go in the EL after Christmas, Eggs.

We established a while ago that playing in one or other of the European competitions does not cup tie a player to play in the other one.

Ergo if Costa played EL football for us in the group stage, he could play for Athletico in the CL knock out rounds.

The fact that we're scrambling about with three days to go of the window for a forward, having spent £140m, is embarrassing.

Terrible management from all involved.

It was the position that needed filling as quickly as possible.

Yep and then what happens in Jan when we still need a striker...

That's not discussing it though is it? It's posting the most obvious negative thing you can find.

But you're a big fan of that so really not shocked.

Can't wait for you or someone to post it again.

The fact that we're scrambling about with three days to go of the window for a forward, having spent £140m, is embarrassing.

Terrible management from all involved.

It was the position that needed filling as quickly as possible.

I think its also quite possible Everton are using Costa as plan B. The fact that Costa has agreed but Chelsea and us havent quite struck a deal yet screams we are balking over the loan fee. If we have no other striker options, we would not do that, but it would make sense if Costa was our B option locked up in case we werent able to get our current plan A option.

If we dont, we just capitulate to Chelsea and use him for the next 20 matches until they ship him off. No sense in saving him for the last half of the season :).

Wouldnt it be in chelski's interest for us to have a bagful of goals against their title opposition teams now as we already played them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.