Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is with that... we are building for our future ............ Not his. FFFF HIM and take 90 million.

I agree. His work rate has always given me pause about what's going to happen once he finally gets the big contract. Those (few) of you that follow American football may recall the albatross that was the Albert Haynesworth contract with the Washington '<Name Redacted For Fear of Internet Torches and Pitchforks'>. Footballers don't ever phone it in to quite the same degree due to things like a longer career and the threat of being banished to obscurity by way of a loan, but I can easily see Lukaku letting certain things slide a bit for a year or two after signing a fat contract.

To put it another way: I don't like Mourinho, but I respect his eye for talent. Lukaku was a great fit for what the club was when he came, but I'm not sure he's the guy to build around for the side the club intends to become. At the quoted price, sell.

In my Everton save on FM17, I signed Pickford, Klaasen, Dembele and Betancur and got to the Champions League my first season. I'd be happy with Keane, Sandro, a proven inside forward and a successor to Leighton. I think we have another year before we need another CB although I'd like to see us add some more competition for the position. I think there will be a healthy rotation of Jags/Williams/Mori this season with another CB on the books, but none are long term solutions.

What an exciting 24 hours of transfer activity that was eh lads.
I suspect Evertonian washing machines/laundromats will be frantically busy dealing with fapping socks full to the brim with excitement (not to mention all @ProZ 's skidded bills)...you wouldn't want your washing to get mixed up with his lol

Have I ever felt so elated?...possibly, but rarely.

Golden times lie ahead. The Everton monorail has left the station...all aboard!!!!

TOOT TOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.