Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to that will come in the coming weeks. I'm happy to let that roll out and then revisit the thread. But do you really rate that highly players like the fading Toure, Fernandinho, Delph, Henderson, Can, Ramsey, Xhaka, Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko?

But most of those aren't the actual first choice starter mate, and the ones who are play a specific position and role in the team that Barkley couldn't do.

At United they'd have to change pogba to a during mid role and drop gerrerat to accommodate him.

Spurs wouldn't replace wanyama or dier with him it would be dembele who has that more advanced role.

At the rs it'd be the role lallana plays not Henderson, wijnaldum or can.

At arsenal it'd be cazorla whose the actual first choice in that role not xakha or Ramsey who doesn't even play often centrally btw.

nd at city it'd be gundogans spot.

All those are superior players to Barkley

The answer to that will come in the coming weeks. I'm happy to let that roll out and then revisit the thread. But do you really rate that highly players like the fading Toure, Fernandinho, Delph, Henderson, Can, Ramsey, Xhaka, Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko?
I look forward to it. Ross is a defensive mid now? You're having a laugh if you think Ross is slotting into anything but an attacking position for a top team. Also, Sissoko, and Delph are not even close to first 11 players and at times miss the squad all together. The most realistic may be Ramsey who had a total of 13 starts. If Ross would walk into their first 11s, why does no one of that ilk seem to be interested? He'll never be more discounted than he is now in the last year of his deal. And Koeman clearly doesn't care if he stays...

Should I just put you on ignore if it's easier for you ? Don't want to ... but hey ho that was my lame way at an apology ?

Well Dave unless those teams are suddenly allowed to play 12 players at the start, then yes he actually would have to replace one of their starting players, so please go on, state for each of those 6 teams which member of their first choice 11 he would play instead off?

Unless ofc your just saying stuff to gain reactions again and won't backup your statement by stating who?
No mate, just answered it above.

Btw, 15 months ago in that Barkley thread you were likening Barkley to Michael Ballack. You were very pro-Barkley in fact right up until Koeman first started laying into him in public early this season.

Maybe switching tack and 'gaining a reaction' is your stuff? Me, I'll try and remain consistent.

Think at the end of the day mate he's going to be a gamble, (especially with what has been said about his attitude as well) but because he's still a young lad it might be a gamble worth taking even though I have never been that impressed with him when I've seen him play like.
He'll be that alright.

Poor career stats, poor attitude. I do hope Koeman is as on the ball in pressurising him as he did with Barkely last season.

No mate, just answered it above.

Btw, 15 months ago in that Barkley thread you were likening Barkley to Michael Ballack. You were very pro-Barkley in fact right up until Koeman first started laying into him in public early this season.

Maybe switching tack and 'gaining a reaction' is your stuff? Me, I'll try and remain consistent.
My opinion is that you're allowed to change opinions. I thought Martinez was going to be a good manager. Boy was I wrong. So I changed my opinion. Barkley hasn't kicked on. He's a good player. Nothing more.

But most of those aren't the actual first choice starter mate, and the ones who are play a specific position and role in the team that Barkley couldn't do.

At United they'd have to change pogba to a during mid role and drop gerrerat to accommodate him.

Spurs wouldn't replace wanyama or dier with him it would be dembele who has that more advanced role.

At the rs it'd be the role lallana plays not Henderson, wijnaldum or can.

At arsenal it'd be cazorla whose the actual first choice in that role not xakha or Ramsey who doesn't even play often centrally btw.

nd at city it'd be gundogans spot.

All those are superior players to Barkley
Oh right, you ask for players those teams bought at great expense who mostly start, but because one or two dont command a first team spot because they didn't take their chance then that means Barkley wouldn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.