Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
And your on ignore
Why don't you find a grammar forum somewhere
TIT.............

3zamr.jpg

Should try and poach a few of the lesser sides best players again, it's a good tactic. Sigurdsson, King, Benteke, Gibson, Robertson, Defoe, and if we're being a touch more optimistic, the boy Chilwell. Few of that lot. As well as some boss foreign league players too.
I have said it before but i don't believe that is the best tactic to employ, for the short reason being it does not create a 'winning' mentality if a bulk of the players are used to battling relegation.

My personal belief is that rather than sign from the bottom and if we can't convince the top to come here then create our own. Sign younger players, not necesserily from england and develop a squad where once they are commanding a first team place, they have done so as a blue and not by being bought ready made if that makes sense? Like Benteke, used to relegation battles, Sandro not so much. So if 3-4 years down the line Sandro became a top player for us then we have done that, we haven't signed a player much older who does not know what it takes to dig down to be succesful.

That's you on the ignore list.

Seriously though, I think you're right in that he isn't rapid, but I don't think he's any slower than say, Barkley.

With him on one side/through the middle and someone rapid on the other flank it provides a nice balance.

Think he'd be a top signing for under £30m myself.

ha ha

Please don't!!!!!!!

I agree on the point he could work well alongside the speedier type of player i'd like.

Just not convinced, he should be one of the main expensive signing.

Having said that if he's just one part of multiple quality signings fair enough.

It's not Yeray Alvarez. Whoever that dude is has a pretty pronounced dimple on his right cheek, even though he's barely smirking. My extensive research has shown that Alvarez has no dimple on either cheek, even in photos where he's laughing or smiling.

The search continues....

I'd never get a job scouting according to most in here
I don't play FIFA and actually holding coaching badges , coaching under age teams and involved in junior football as well as watching Premier league games live as well as league of Ireland games live wouldn't qualify me as much as 10 hours on FIFA.

Watching Shamrock Rovers won't help you identify the next Henry, no.

Building a team full of relegated/relegation hopefuls. What could go wrong.

Cos good players never play for bottom half teams.

I have said it before but i don't believe that is the best tactic to employ, for the short reason being it does not create a 'winning' mentality if a bulk of the players are used to battling relegation.

My personal belief is that rather than sign from the bottom and if we can't convince the top to come here then create our own. Sign younger players, not necesserily from england and develop a squad where once they are commanding a first team place, they have done so as a blue and not by being bought ready made if that makes sense? Like Benteke, used to relegation battles, Sandro not so much. So if 3-4 years down the line Sandro became a top player for us then we have done that, we haven't signed a player much older who does not know what it takes to dig down to be succesful.

It's a good point, and we do need more winners I agree. However I also think that they will be up for the challenge and some bring that attitude of scrapping when their back is against the wall, which will be useful against teams like Liverpool where we often show a lack of fight.

A mixture is preferable.

ha ha

Please don't!!!!!!!

I agree on the point he could work well alongside the speedier type of player i'd like.

Just not convinced, he should be one of the main expensive signing.

Having said that if he's just one part of multiple quality signings fair enough.

All about opinions mate, and I too would be disappointed if he was our marquee signing, I want him as first through the door to kick off a good summer though.

Just think we can Icelandic clap at him too when he gets a free kick, put the keeper off.

Status
Not open for further replies.