Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he's going to be really good in 2-3 years time but I feel we need a ready made top GK right now. But maybe we're willing to get him in now and persevere with him until he fulfills he's potential instead of losing out on him?!
Pickford's 5 years older than Donnarummer mate....whats the saying / if your good enough.....

Benteke bagging again. Could do worse if we bounce Rom for silly money

If we can't attract a Lacazette type player we have to go for a Benteke/Austin forward alongside a risky unknown signing like Dembele/Batshuyai as those 2 will guarantee you a good 12-15 goals a season.

People don't like that because they ain't big names and because Benteke is ex RS but we can't lose the league's top scorer and go for all risk foreign signings who might turn out to be Vincent Jansens and not get us 5 goals never mind 15.

If we can't attract a Lacazette type player we have to go for a Benteke/Austin forward alongside a risky unknown signing like Dembele/Batshuyai as those 2 will guarantee you a good 12-15 goals a season.

People don't like that because they ain't big names and because Benteke is ex RS but we can't lose the league's top scorer and go for all risk foreign signings who might turn out to be Vincent Jansens and not get us 5 goals never mind 15.

Benteke is proven in the Prem and he's the perfect striker for how Koeman likes to play. No brainer for me. Shame they aren't getting relegated.

Benteke has a goal return of 1 in 2.22 for what is a dump Palace side, he had a 1 in 2.11 ratio in an equally dump Villa side over a much longer period, and 1 in 3.22 for them lot, when most of those were from the bench and he was cast out almost completely. Overall in the prem, his record is 1 in 2.51, and that's playing for turd sides/not being first choice. That's very, very good.

Rom has a record of 1 in 2.03 with us, which is truly superb. But any striker we buy isn't going to match him so we need to replace as best we can, and spread the rest of the money and goals round the rest of the team.

I'd have Benteke when Rom goes 100%, much prefer him to this Jose fella who has had one good season in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.