Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two different players but I prefer Tielemans. Playmaker who can score a lot. When he's on his game he's brilliant to watch.

Mourinho also found Dendoncker to be the best player. I suppose he likes Dendoncker's physicality and omnipresence. He's also a good passer of the ball and he can be used as a cb. And he's quite tall.

Doesn't score a lot though. This is his most recent against Brugge (rivals).

Both quality players....Dendoncker would be the perfect addition to our midfield in the sense that he could rotate with Schneiderlin and Tielemans adds goals and assists which koeman says he wants....

Sign both ;)

Right, so thats 50m in an area where we have Morgs, Gana, Davies, Besic, McCarthy, Barry and Barkley, whilst we CURRENTLY have DCL as back up to Rom.

Makes sense.

We have McCarthy (surely leaving) Barry (words fail me) and our forlorn hope Besic....

So, actually in terms of reliability and consistency for top performances we have Schneiderlin, Davies and Gueye. Three players for three positions.

Barkley (as you well know lol ) is either leaving or playing in an advanced position.

If you're asking me if I would spend say 50mil on Dendoncker and Kessie then the answer would be YES.

If you then add in a further 70mil to the central defence...

Sanchez/Jagielka -- Koulibaly/Williams
Davies/Kessie -- Schneiderlin/Dendoncker -- Gueye/Besic
Now, i'm not being funny but that has to be pretty tough to beat...once were solid in the centre then we can look to the flanks and scoring more goals....

120mil less sales of 70mil deadwood is 50mil spent for something like this.

preeeeetty sure kessie is milan-bound

It's an example really.

Two young centre mids with huge potential to come in. One superstar centre back and one with massive potential...add in Pickford to that and we look incredibly strong in the centre. It would all cost around 50mil after sales of deadwood players.

We would still hopefully have more money to spend on attacking players + even more if barkley/lukaku left.

Would I like us to use 50mil to do this....of course. You need to have a strong centre before looking at adding wide/attacking players...having a strong foundation and being able to stop teams is the first step

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-striker-olivier-giroud-eyes-10450439

This is the guy we should be buying imo. I think he's of the perfect calibre to see us with two good striking options. Arsenal fans moan about him, but then again, they moan about everyone. He's not someone who will deliver the premier league, but he's perfectly good enough for where we're at right now and could take us to the next level. Even if rom went i'd be happy if he was one of the strikers brought in.
I think I could be persuaded about this signing

Two of the most highly-rated young CFs in the country plus a hard working hold-up player who would also be good around the dressing room. It's not about spaffing cash on big names

And it's definitely not about bringing average players who have reached their potential and the maximum belt hole on their belt and two players that might be okay.

We will secure the 11th place crown with this sort of thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.