Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so thats 50m in an area where we have Morgs, Gana, Davies, Besic, McCarthy, Barry and Barkley, whilst we CURRENTLY have DCL as back up to Rom.

Makes sense.

never said we should blow our wad on midfield, but even out of those players only 4 should be starting for us next season. we do play with 3 CMs, it's a crucial position for us. it's clear barkley can't play deeper, mccarthy should be sold the moment newcastle come knocking if and barry plays regularly next season that's a bit pathetic

i agree with you though, currently our forward options are shocking. when you look at our first 11, midfield is the only place i'm happy with

We have McCarthy (surely leaving) Barry (words fail me) and our forlorn hope Besic....

So, actually in terms of reliability and consistency for top performances we have Schneiderlin, Davies and Gueye. Three players for three positions.

Barkley (as you well know lol ) is either leaving or playing in an advanced position.

If you're asking me if I would spend say 50mil on Dendoncker and Kessie then the answer would be YES.

If you then add in a further 70mil to the central defence...

Sanchez/Jagielka -- Koulibaly/Williams
Davies/Kessie -- Schneiderlin/Dendoncker -- Gueye/Besic
Now, i'm not being funny but that has to be pretty tough to beat...once were solid in the centre then we can look to the flanks and scoring more goals....

120mil less sales of 70mil deadwood is 50mil spent for something like this.

i'm convinced we can find better value for money than koulibaly

I want another Arteta. Used to love it when Moyes just went out and picked up an unknown like when Pienaar joined, or some right back from the Irish league for 60k no one had heard of. Instead now its all about which overrated premier league player are we going to blow tens of millions on.

313e231.jpg

Here you go mate. This is Dave Arteta. You can contact him through LinkedIn.

Status
Not open for further replies.