Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who doesn't rate Oxlade-Chamberlain? And what can he do for us that Ross can't? Odd shout.

No... I'm not a fan either. Quick and strong but that's it. Poor fitness and injuries ... hasn't broken into a team that has had Walcott in it for years and never caught the eye any time I have ever seen the arse

Is everyone is set on Keane? Maguire and Ben Gibson have really impressed me so far spesh Maguire with those surging runs forward i think he'd be a great signing seems to be slipping under everyone's radar

I know YouTube highlights don't mean [Poor language removed] but i think he's underrated cool calm collective on the ball can pick a pass but unlike stones gets the basic stuff right too

There's a reason Rooney isn't doing the business at 6th place Man Utd. 2 League goals this season? 8 last season... In a Man Utd team.

In my opinion he was always going to peak early, and finish early.

Lukaku > Rooney.
Barkley > Rooney.

People may snarl at the Barkley shout, but I'd rather we developed his game than sidestep it with an aging, past it Rooney.

Where does Rooney fit? Out wide replacing Mirallas/Lookman? The Kone/Valencia comments don't make sense because they sit on the bench if they're lucky. You don't pay those wages/FFP consequence unless they're instantly improving the team.

I'd sooner Everton looked to the next generation. We now have the scouting talent and apparently the means to compete financially.

We've never been able to try and bring in top talent in other leagues who'd jump at the chance to show what they can do in the Prem. Suarez at Ajax, Gabriel Jesus at Palmeiras - even Lukaku at Anderlecht. Those types. Lookman looks a talent eh? The Lookman's of the world...

All that said, Everton will try and bring Rooney in this summer.

Koeman wants him (repeated press conference comments) and Moshiri loves a profile/statement (repeated comments about needing a manager with profile in the game).

Could also be a reason Lukaku/Barkley contracts seem to be prolonged - wage parity/structure. I've no idea like, just speculating/typing as I think.

I'm on the fence about it, think we will bring him in, and can see the merits of it, guess it depends on if we strengthen significantly in addition, if we do then no complaints.

Only a blind man couldn't see the benefits of bringing him in in terms of off the field reasons though, which is why ultimately I'd be surprised if we don't do it.

I'm on the fence about it, think we will bring him in, and can see the merits of it, guess it depends on if we strengthen significantly in addition, if we do then no complaints.

Only a blind man couldn't see the benefits of bringing him in in terms of off the field reasons though, which is why ultimately I'd be surprised if we don't do it.
I disagree with the supposed financial merits and I certainly do not think he will be a player who'll merit an automatic selection in our XI.

He's reportedly on £300k per week at Manure, so even if he drops his salary by 66% he'd be on £100k per week. Would he accept such a drop?

Would we want to pay him that much money? Personally I wouldn't, so for me it's simply Roy of Rovers stuff based on unnecessary sentiment.

There are better options in terms of player (in the here and now and future) who arguably would cost the same or less, so that would be by aim.

Linked with Fraser Forster, a slight upgrade on what we have, could just be lazy journalism though, linking us with Southampton players;

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...rt-claims-fraser-forster-is-koemans-top-goal/

Whatever people say about Wayne when you look at his record it's top class. He could have an Andy Grey style impact on our younger players. The lad is a proven winner.

On top of this he would be the perfect foil for Lukaku. His hold up play is excellent and he works hard as well as creating chances.

The final point is his age. He's 31. He's also a very clever player. Past his best certainly but by no means finished. When I watched him as a kid I never thought he'd be burned out at 30, such was his passing ability, vision and special awareness.

In spite of what people say Rooney ran the semi final against us last season. He was the best player on the pitch for 60 minutes. I still think he has a lot to offer but maybe needs a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.