Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think most peoples issue would be, do you go from trying to get the likes of a Mata in to straight away settling for a DeFoe mate, that seems like cutting out a hell of a lot of players who would fall some-place in between.

I don't think people are looking at it as settling. Reality is we need quite a few players. If Defoe could be gotten on a free as a 2nd or 3rd option paired with Lukaku and a promising young player from another league then he represents value. Proven goalscorer who could settle in immediately while not tying up massive funds in a transfer fee.

Is he a dream acquisition - no. Could it be tidy business if it allows funds to then go towards players of the ilk of Tielemans, Dolberg, Keane, VVD, and a quality keeper - then sure.

I guess I am of the opinion that there is more work to be done than there will be funds available. So a reliable short term solution on the cheap should not be summarily dismissed.

I'd personally love that Tammy Abraham to be thrown into the Lukaku deal, if he goes to Chelsea. 19 and scoring for fun I. Championship, I reckon he'd be an excellent addition.

gibson is okay, same as jagielka at that age, not good enough for a title challenging team but if we want to stay where we are hes ideal.
defoe hasnt been bagging for fun much lately, again mid-table player at best.

I think realistically we aren't going to be challenging for the title though...

It didn't happen with Spurs over night, and they've in a way taken advantage of Utd and City struggling in the last three years.

Next step is to get up into that top 6/challenge for top 4. For all our mistakes this season, we aren't far off. Winning two more games that we easily should have (i.e. Swansea home, Palace home as two examples) would've put us right in the mix.

Kishna does ring a bell. Where did he go?

You chaps have not convinced me on Klaassen.

Sounds like a crap more attacking Jordi Classie.

i think a naismith type is exactly what we need tbh, just with a bit more quality. He'd regulalry be in the correct position to slot, especially at important times, since he's gone we've been solely reliant on lukaku for most goals, we need a couple of goalscorers on the bench imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.