Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
..surprised at Cuco Martina links with the emergence of Holgate and Kenny;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...verton-revive-Southampton-s-Cuco-Martina.html

I think it would be a major blow to Kenny if true.

Simon Jones i seem to recall REALLY likes selling our players for us at every opportunity, so wouldn't put much stock in what he says.

IF there was any truth in it though, it'd make all the getting rid of dross in the squad a lot less worthwhile as we'd just be signing new dross to take its place

some of the suggestions are hilarious. i actually think people are happy to be stuck around mid-table, can be no other explanation for the defoe, gibson, sinclair etc shouts.
I don't think people are happy to sit around mid table but I think some are just being realistic with targets. We had all this huge hype last summer window with Mata, Witsel..and we ended up with Williams and Gaye ( not that that's a negative ) but it kind of shows where we actually are. Defoe might not light anyones imagination but he is gettable...unlike the Mata's of the world. Lets view this thread again come September to see who's closest to the clubs ambition.

..surprised at Cuco Martina links with the emergence of Holgate and Kenny;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...verton-revive-Southampton-s-Cuco-Martina.html

I think it would be a major blow to Kenny if true.

Additionally mate, i think originally he wanted this lad in as it'd be a 'spy in the camp' almost, which a lot of new managers seem to want to do in their early tenure, now Koemans been here a season i doubt it's needed (btw think Stekelenberg filled that role ultimately)

Newcastle bid 20m for McCarthy 4 months ago mate, hardly think his latest injury would effect massively his value - if at all
Lennon - proven premier league player at a certain level, look around at the value that puts on a player - even at 30 years old, 6m is very achievable
Mori - 15m - rank average premier league defender he may be, he is also a starting centre back for Argentina, who has had interest from both Spain and Italy in the past according to reports, 15 is very very achievable for him
Robles - 10m, yeah will give you that one, no chance on earth he'd go for that much, probably more like 5m or so
I don't think they bid mate, they balked at the asking price. Had they coughed up he would have gone. Big wages agreed too.

I don't think people are happy to sit around mid table but I think some are just being realistic with targets. We had all this huge hype last summer window with Mata, Witsel..and we ended up with Williams and Gaye ( not that that's a negative ) but it kind of shows where we actually are. Defoe might not light anyones imagination but he is gettable...unlike the Mata's of the world. Lets view this thread again come September to see who's closest to the clubs ambition.

Think most peoples issue would be, do you go from trying to get the likes of a Mata in to straight away settling for a DeFoe mate, that seems like cutting out a hell of a lot of players who would fall some-place in between.

Dolberg has apparently said its too early for him to go to a club like Man U or City as he wants to play - similar to Tielemans. Its good to see that a few youngsters are realising the pitfalls of going to a cash rich club and competing with a £60mill signing, instead joining excellent clubs where they can play regularly. These are the players we should be in for and we have a real chance at signing.

...that's what I mean when I say I want to see a "that'll do me moment". Plenty of them to see in that montage. Impressive. I like footballers who take a pass on the spin.

Especially when you consider he is only 19.

He apparently from a few things i've read has a great attitude and i saw something about his 'running' stats which indicates he's a really hard working player as well (for those who like the stats)

But yeah - normally i watch those types of put together clips with a lot of scepticism, it's easy to make just a decent player look very good in them by splicing together a few dribbles, or long range blast etc, but this lad does some amazing things - and does them repeatedly which removes the 'fluke' element, as i said some of his first touches and one touch passes do remind me a huge amount of Bergkamp - who was one of the best at those.

...that's what I mean when I say I want to see a "that'll do me moment". Plenty of them to see in that montage. Impressive. I like footballers who take a pass on the spin.

First touch is stupendous and so direct.

Afraid to get excited

Status
Not open for further replies.