Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is buying these players?

Robles 10 million?
McCarthy 20? (After his latest injuries, no club is risking that on him)
Lennon 6mill? (Wrong side of 30, has barely kicked a ball in a year)
Mori 15 million? Rank average Prem defender.

Nobody is paying money for the likes of Rodriguez either.

Newcastle bid 20m for McCarthy 4 months ago mate, hardly think his latest injury would effect massively his value - if at all
Lennon - proven premier league player at a certain level, look around at the value that puts on a player - even at 30 years old, 6m is very achievable
Mori - 15m - rank average premier league defender he may be, he is also a starting centre back for Argentina, who has had interest from both Spain and Italy in the past according to reports, 15 is very very achievable for him
Robles - 10m, yeah will give you that one, no chance on earth he'd go for that much, probably more like 5m or so

I reckon we'd get more than £15m for Mori to be honest.

So we probably should.

Roma and a few other Italian teams have apparently had an interest in him in the past, let's face it, he's a starting cb for Argentina, and that probably matters a fair bit more in Italy or Spain than we seem to give it

Somebody will fail to strengthen. Remember when Arsenal needed a defender and keeper to win the league? And look at how many players City rely on that were prominent during their first title. The real risk is us not strengthening

Arsenal have needed a good keeper, two centre backs, a defensive mid, a box-to-box centre mid and a top striker for about 7 consecutive seasons. Cech and Mustafi have been resonable signings, but it was hardly cech in his prime, they bought xhaka who's a loose cannon and probably sanchez could have been the top striker they needed, but they've played him mostly in midfield. It is a bit laughable, but i'll be interested to see their summer dealings vs ours.

Seems to me to be the sort of player we'd go for, waste all summer trying to sign even though we have no chance of getting him, and end up with Valencia again.

IF we keep hold of Lukaku, then we should go for someone like Dolberg (actually not someone like him - just him). can play up front or dropped off like Bergkamp used to be able to do, and his best qualities seem to be ones that are Lukakus weak points.

Also someone who just came out and said he wouldn't move yet to an elite club (City, Chelsea etc) as he needs to be playing to further develop.

In fact, that mentality is what we need to look for in a player - basically the same mentality that Rom had when arriving, only we are hopefully now in a position that we can progress to the level they want to aim for before they get fed up and want to move to a team already there.

Arsenal have needed a good keeper, two centre backs, a defensive mid, a box-to-box centre mid and a top striker for about 7 consecutive seasons. Cech and Mustafi have been resonable signings, but it was hardly cech in his prime, they bought xhaka who's a loose cannon and probably sanchez could have been the top striker they needed, but they've played him mostly in midfield. It is a bit laughable, but i'll be interested to see their summer dealings vs ours.

lets hope they keep wenger

Who is buying these players?

Robles 10 million?
McCarthy 20? (After his latest injuries, no club is risking that on him)
Lennon 6mill? (Wrong side of 30, has barely kicked a ball in a year)
Mori 15 million? Rank average Prem defender.

Nobody is paying money for the likes of Rodriguez either.

Brighton or possibly Fulham/Huddersfield might go after Joel

Newcastle would go in for McCarthy

Lennon I reckon would fit in well back at Leeds

Funes Mori to Bournemouth? They're in dire need of a CB like.

Status
Not open for further replies.