Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't get it, we bring in one of the most creative midfielders in sigurdsson, not to mention one of the most successful English players in Rooney and still people think we'll be rubbish?!?!?
Here's a novel idea and one I know some of you will choke on, let's try to be positive about the team-
A much stronger squad than we've had for a very long time
hugely exciting teens coming through
European football

We've had an extremely productive window.

Rooney, Sandro & DCL are more than capable of playing CF and delivering until January when we will be looking again.

We are heavily dependant on Baines which is the one area of real concern.

It's not 100% perfect but it's light years ahead of where we were 18 months ago.

Baby steps and all that. Two more windows and this team will challenge the top four properly.

I'll take either of the FA Cup or EL trophies as a mark of real progress.

Up to Koeman now to get the best out of this group.
The morning after the night before and I read a well balanced post to ease my angst.
The only thing I'd say is that I don't see us scoring many goals. We look solid enough, but can see alot of 1-0's 0-0's, 1-1's and 0-1's. Missed a trick getting a target man. We all know why now.
As for covering Baines. Yes its a concern but not as much as missing out on that striker in my opinion.

The problem I see is that we are stuck with players that don't want to be here

Barkley, Niasse, McCarthy, Mirallas, Robles

Plus there is question marks over Garbutt, Lennon and Besic futures

The problem I see is that we are stuck with players that don't want to be here

Barkley, Niasse, McCarthy, Mirallas, Robles

Plus there is question marks over Garbutt, Lennon and Besic futures

..to be fair there has been a major transition and lots of players have been moved on. Considering Barkley and Niasse 'don't want to be here', both dragged their feet yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.