Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent 2 years convincing ourselves no other striker would join us because lukaku us first choice. Yet he isn't here any more.

We have swapped a 95 million pound striker for the grand sum of 5.6 million on a 21 year old , a former player who clearly isn't playing as a striker for most of the game and a lad who we signed from league one 12 months ago.

I'm sorry but you would laugh at that elsewhere. How small time are we? Either the board completely ballsed up negotiations for the second year in a row or no half decent striker wants to play for us. Either scenario puts us back to the small club mentality of 10 years ago.

I am just glad we didn't spend 30. -40m on a 30 plus year old striker with a year or two left in his legs.
There is obviously a limit on how much the club can spend and 40m net spend must be close.
Getting in a short term panic signing is not the best situation.

Try being a Sunderland fan.

I can see some of your fans points about Moshri but he's not worth £10b+ he's worth about the same as Ellis Short and Mike Ashley. From an outsider looking in you's have had a good window apart from not signing a striker only time will tell if Rooney , Sandro and DCL can fill the void I wouldn't be all doom and gloom just yet
I get what you're saying, obviously things could be worse. It's all relative though isn't it, sunderlands problems are nothing compared to accringtons etc.

The reason fans are disappointed with moshiri is entirely his own fault. He's been extremely bullish & raised expectations but hasn't come anywhere near backing them up. It's very difficult to see us getting any higher than 7th this year, which is effectively where we were without him. I won't call him a fraud or anything, but I bet he's regretting some of the things he said last year.

We spent 2 years convincing ourselves no other striker would join us because lukaku us first choice. Yet he isn't here any more.

We have swapped a 95 million pound striker for the grand sum of 5.6 million on a 21 year old , a former player who clearly isn't playing as a striker for most of the game and a lad who we signed from league one 12 months ago.

I'm sorry but you would laugh at that elsewhere. How small time are we? Either the board completely ballsed up negotiations for the second year in a row or no half decent striker wants to play for us. Either scenario puts us back to the small club mentality of 10 years ago.

Or the other and more likely scenario, the promised transfer kitty was all a myth and that the signing of a striker was based on us selling at least Barkley and possibly at least one other ( ( Niasse ).

We're still a sell to buy club, as has been proved by the failure to sign a striker and at least one other fullback.

It's time to face the reality, we've been had off again by Bill and co.

Or the other and more likely scenario, the promised transfer kitty was all a myth and that the signing of a striker was based on us selling at least Barkley and possibly at least one other ( ( Niasse ).

We're still a sell to buy club, as has been proved with the failure to sign a striker and at least one other fullback.

It would appear so mate.

As I said last night, the positive spin at least moving forward (as we have no choice now) us seeing all these players hopefully improve over the season. Lewen sandro klassen and siggurdson there we have 4 attacking players who will hopefully get us out of our seats more than once this season. Rooney I am not arsed about until he scores the winner in the derby

I'm sure we will be fine until January but questions should be raised as to why for all intents and purposes we bought three players to play the number 10 role but failed to adequately replace Rom. Come January the difference between a boss slotter and what we have now could be 6/7/8 points which in turn could be the difference between making the top 4 or 5

It would appear so mate.

As I said last night, the positive spin at least moving forward (as we have no choice now) us seeing all these players hopefully improve over the season. Lewen sandro klassen and siggurdson there we have 4 attacking players who will hopefully get us out of our seats more than once this season. Rooney I am not arsed about until he scores the winner in the derby

All true, but goals win games and from the evidence so far, we're going to miss Lukaku much much more than anticipated.

As it stands now, teams will know that if they score first, the chances are they're gonna get a result against us.

All true, but goals win games and from the evidence so far, we're going to miss Lukaku much much more than anticipated.

As it stands now, teams will know that if they score first, the chances are they're gonna get a result against us.
That and if we score first then we will sit on our 18 yard box and defend that lead.

I am just glad we didn't spend 30. -40m on a 30 plus year old striker with a year or two left in his legs.
There is obviously a limit on how much the club can spend and 40m net spend must be close.
Getting in a short term panic signing is not the best situation.
With Niasse not going and yesterdays incomings ( did we get that Fulham kid in the end) our net spend must be approaching £60m. We have by far the biggest first team squad now (29 if you inckude Kenny and Niasse) so our wage bill must be pretty high too. We've probably spent what I had expected before the window started. But players cost more than I thought they would and we didnt sell as many players as I exoected either.

We're still a sell to buy club, as has been proved by the failure to sign a striker and at least one other fullback.

It seemed as though we desperately needed The Barkley and maybe Mirallas money, before even thinking of buying a forward. Did they have someone lined up? I very much doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.