Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
..let's not forget, he's had a very successful loan spell at Yeovil. With the players we've acquired, he's going to have to an absolute revelation at Birmingham to have a future with us.
I like him a lot as I know you do, let's see what happens. I certainly think he's good enough. He's still young and developing and a year in the championship will do him a lot of good.

One of the people I work with in the office just said I look absolutely shattered.

I said I couldn't sleep, little do they know I was up arguing about Moshiri until 1AM on GOT.

Feel like I've got Post-traumatic Stress Disorder from the transfer window.
Jusr woke up mate. Feel the same. Went to bed at 2.30am pissed. Was quite possibly me you were arguing with last night. I can't remember.

One of the people I work with in the office just said I look absolutely shattered.

I said I couldn't sleep, little do they know I was up arguing about Moshiri until 1AM on GOT.

I was at work at midnight with a team fill full of RS . Had a stand up row with two of them . Luckily my manager is a Barcode fan so he felt my pain .

I like him a lot as I know you do, let's see what happens. I certainly think he's good enough. He's still young and developing and a year in the championship will do him a lot of good.
We dont hsve s player of his type though imo. Plus Schneids is probably the only truly holding MF we have and I think Walsh could develop into a Carrick like deep lying playmaker. Both McCarthy and Besic are injury prone and Davies himself is still developing. Ii certainly havent given up on the lad yet.

The other issue is the damage to the Everton brand with Liverpool and arsenal holding on to coutinho and sanchez compared to us and our '100m lukaku' who we immediately sold for 75 m plus add ons to Man U as soon as they offered saying to us ' look mate we need him so he can start the first game of the season, so chop chop' . Lovely.

I fell asleep after the Moshiri interview on Sky. I woke up at about 11:30 and didn't bother checking anything and went to bed. Imagine my surprise to find that Niasse hadn't left; this I was dissapointed about.

Ross, I half expected to have gone after a bit of last minute shenanigans; ach well ... starting to be a trend with the lad not doing anything to help Everton out.

Try being a Sunderland fan.

I can see some of your fans points about Moshri but he's not worth £10b+ he's worth about the same as Ellis Short and Mike Ashley. From an outsider looking in you's have had a good window apart from not signing a striker only time will tell if Rooney , Sandro and DCL can fill the void I wouldn't be all doom and gloom just yet

The other issue is the damage to the Everton brand with Liverpool and arsenal holding on to coutinho and sanchez compared to us and our '100m lukaku' who we immediately sold for 75 m plus add ons to Man U as soon as they offered saying to us ' look mate we need him so he can start the first game of the season, so chop chop' . Lovely.

..I don't think the Coutinho situation is cut and dried just yet. From what I understand the window in Spain is still open.

As incredibly frustrating as it is not have signed a striker, and I can't for the life of me understand why we haven't; It's worth taking into account that barring Man City and Man Utd, none of the other top 6 clubs managed to plug all the gaps they needed filling in their squads. And even though Utd and City had the best windows, they still had disappointments on missing out on Perisic, Sanchez and Evans in the end as well. So it's been a very strange and frustrating window for a lot of clubs this summer. Not just us.

Status
Not open for further replies.