Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season start is but a week away.

What was up, with the statement a few weeks back, that we had some big names on it's way. Any moment?

The Gylfi saga is such a drag. get over it Koeman.

Selling Lukaku with no substitude, was a big mistake. Unles you are one of the shareholders, with more interest in money, that goals.

After the Lukaku money is spend, we want the Morishi money spend, aswell.

This is a football club, not a chinese investment bank.

I think very much like Witsel last year, too much time has been wasted pursuing Sigurdsson. Clubs can smell that need a mile off, and Swansea have exploited it. Proper planning is about having other viable options, as well as efficient execution.

There's kind of an implication (not from you specifically, but just in general) that we've done nothing else (other positions) because the Sigurdsson acquisition has faltered, why can't we be off doing other deals in the mean-time? surely trying to push through a deal doesn't consume the whole scouting team 5 days per week 7.5 hours per day?

Journos scrapping the barrell for names at the moment

Hope there is stuff going on in the background at the club. Still seem very short up top

I worry that the later on in to the transfer window we go, clubs may be less likely to let their best players go and we will struggle to get a good forward.

....it's Sunday morning and here's the rumours;

- Ninetyminutesonline and Sky Sports quote Swansea manager Paul Clement saying the transfer stand off with Everton over Gylfi Sigurdsson continues and there has been no progress in negotiations.

- According to the Daily Mirror, Everton will switch their attention to £30m rated Danny Welbeck if their pursuit of Arsenal team mate Olivier Giroud fails.

- The Mirror also suggests Everton have dropped their asking price for Ross Barkley to £35m but that figure is still too high for Spurs. The Express says Arsenal and Chelsea are also keen on the Toffees midfielder.

- 4th Official continue to link Everton striker Oumar Niasse with a move to Brighton, but the south coast club are only willing to pay £6m for the player.

- ESPN report Juventus midfielder, Mario Lemina, will have a medical at Southampton on Sunday. The player has been linked with a move to Everton this summer.

- The Daily Mail says West Brom have not given up in their pursuit of Everton midfielder Gareth Barry.

- The Mail also report that Derby County manager, Gary Rowett, is keen to take Everton youngster Ademola Lookman on loan.

Excellent as always thanks eggs...

Danny Welbeck, I said I'd like to see him in earlier this summer and I would still like to see him come in, pace to burn and a run as a striker could be the making of him, I'd think we have more chance at him than Giroud given the laters ability to score from the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.