Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to get these deals sorted soon, striker, sigurdsson and a cb and left back - worrying we've let every young left back at the club go out on loan.

That's before we even look at the fact we have absolutely zero pace in the team, teams like spurs and the rs will absolutely press us to death high up with nothing to worry about on the counter from us.

Slow at the back, slow up front,not exactly a great combination.

Overall it's hard to actually tell right now if we are stronger, weaker or about the same.

Midfield we are probably gonna end up with Klassen and Sigurdsson replacing Barkley and Davies - so on paper at leats a upgrade, but both new, one unproven in the league, and actually overall probably slows us down a bit.

Defence we've just simply added Keane which improves us, but have Coleman out for half a season to be replaced by Martina, depth at the positions is no better and probably worse than last years (left back, Mori's injury andgeneral ageing across the back 4)

Keeper - long term should be a massive improvement, short term probably not as big an improvement though.

Up front, Added an ageing Rooney and Sandro, to replace Lukaku and Mirallas more than likely in the starting 11, as it stands that is a massive downgrade.

Spent ashed load of money - fair enough (even though it's all been recouped in sales) - but all i am seeing is a reshaping of the squad rather than any significant improvement which would push us up a level.

We'd need to add Siguirdsson and Giroud IMO to be able to say the first 11 has overall improved a bit, for a significant improvement, we'd need those two, a starting quality centre back a genuine option to Baines at left back, and an attacking player with genuine pace AND a bit of quality.

Don't see that happening though, which would make me wonder just how much we where ever willing to push the boat out this summer to improve.

Improving overall the squad is brilliant and suchlike, but if the best starting 11 you can put out hasn't changed or gotten weaker then overall the team will still get dry bummed by the better teams in the league

As for our major problem last season - our terrible away form, i don't see how slowing our attack down even more is going to change that overly

...I assume the loan deal for Antonee Robinson means Calum Connolly is going nowhere. Interesting links with Welbeck. It's probably nonsense but he's clearly more mobile and pacy than most of the central strikers we've been linked with.

....it's Sunday morning and here's the rumours;

- Ninetyminutesonline and Sky Sports quote Swansea manager Paul Clement saying the transfer stand off with Everton over Gylfi Sigurdsson continues and there has been no progress in negotiations.

- According to the Daily Mirror, Everton will switch their attention to £30m rated Danny Welbeck if their pursuit of Arsenal team mate Olivier Giroud fails.

- The Mirror also suggests Everton have dropped their asking price for Ross Barkley to £35m but that figure is still too high for Spurs. The Express says Arsenal and Chelsea are also keen on the Toffees midfielder.

- 4th Official continue to link Everton striker Oumar Niasse with a move to Brighton, but the south coast club are only willing to pay £6m for the player.

- ESPN report Juventus midfielder, Mario Lemina, will have a medical at Southampton on Sunday. The player has been linked with a move to Everton this summer.

- The Daily Mail says West Brom have not given up in their pursuit of Everton midfielder Gareth Barry.

- The Mail also report that Derby County manager, Gary Rowett, is keen to take Everton youngster Ademola Lookman on loan.

Some very good business done nice and early in the window, however the momentum seems to have been lost in recent weeks. Nothing came of the heavily publicised trip to Milan and it's clear we need some big players in key positions - maybe at this stage and because of the players we're after, it just takes longer to get deals over the line?
With the start we have we really need to hit the ground running.
I hope we can get a few deals done this week.

If welbz could improve his game slightly by 150% I'd take him. Hes just another overrated English fraud. Leave him be Ronald.

All gone quiet on dembele from Celtic. I was all over giroud rather than dembele but now I've realised giroud is just to sexy for us at present. Lets go for dembele and be done with this season.

Some very good business done nice and early in the window, however the momentum seems to have been lost in recent weeks. Nothing came of the heavily publicised trip to Milan and it's clear we need some big players in key positions - maybe at this stage and because of the players we're after, it just takes longer to get deals over the line?
With the start we have we really need to hit the ground running.
I hope we can get a few deals done this week.

..absolutely. It must be likely, though, that even if we bring the likes of Sigurdsson in he won't play for a few weeks because he's hardly been involved in Swansea's pre-season.

Need to get these deals sorted soon, striker, sigurdsson and a cb and left back - worrying we've let every young left back at the club go out on loan.

That's before we even look at the fact we have absolutely zero pace in the team, teams like spurs and the rs will absolutely press us to death high up with nothing to worry about on the counter from us.

Slow at the back, slow up front,not exactly a great combination.

Overall it's hard to actually tell right now if we are stronger, weaker or about the same.

Midfield we are probably gonna end up with Klassen and Sigurdsson replacing Barkley and Davies - so on paper at leats a upgrade, but both new, one unproven in the league, and actually overall probably slows us down a bit.

Defence we've just simply added Keane which improves us, but have Coleman out for half a season to be replaced by Martina, depth at the positions is no better and probably worse than last years (left back, Mori's injury andgeneral ageing across the back 4)

Keeper - long term should be a massive improvement, short term probably not as big an improvement though.

Up front, Added an ageing Rooney and Sandro, to replace Lukaku and Mirallas more than likely in the starting 11, as it stands that is a massive downgrade.

Spent ashed load of money - fair enough (even though it's all been recouped in sales) - but all i am seeing is a reshaping of the squad rather than any significant improvement which would push us up a level.

We'd need to add Siguirdsson and Giroud IMO to be able to say the first 11 has overall improved a bit, for a significant improvement, we'd need those two, a starting quality centre back a genuine option to Baines at left back, and an attacking player with genuine pace AND a bit of quality.

Don't see that happening though, which would make me wonder just how much we where ever willing to push the boat out this summer to improve.

Improving overall the squad is brilliant and suchlike, but if the best starting 11 you can put out hasn't changed or gotten weaker then overall the team will still get dry bummed by the better teams in the league

As for our major problem last season - our terrible away form, i don't see how slowing our attack down even more is going to change that overly

Spot on, lots of transfer activity but have we really closed the gap to the teams above us? You'd have to say no. Defensively I suspect we'll be more solid but unless we get two new attackers in we look pretty toothless.

..absolutely. It must be likely, though, that even if we bring the likes of Sigurdsson in he won't play for a weeks because he's hardly been involved in Swansea's pre-season.

Think there is 3 premier league games before an international break so can see him being a bit part player until the international break over. That's if he signs before stoke. This could drag on till deadline day. We are Everton after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.